So I want to set up my Aimpoint PRO for 1/3 Co-witness.......

Freedom Forged

So I was just going to get a spacer from Aimpoint, but I talked with John at there and according to him they don't make spacers that will put me at 1/3 CW for the PRO. Any suggestions?
FF

PatMcG

It's my understanding that the spacer on the PRO mount makes it sit between absolute and lower 1/3, correct? (At least mine looks that way) What is the purpose of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom Forged

It's my understanding that the spacer on the PRO mount makes it sit between absolute and lower 1/3, correct? (At least mine looks that way) What is the purpose of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only tell you what Aimpoint told me. The spacer that comes with the PRO when mounted at the same rail height as your irons will produce absolute co-witness. You can remove the spacer if you are mounting to say a shotgun. I have no experience in mounting a PRO to a shotgun. Just passing along what John at Aimpoint told me.

There is an industry standard height for absolute co-witness but I forget what it is at the moment.
FF

Fatboy

Established
Just a thought, but if you have access to old surplus, look for the M68 comp m2 or comp m4 mounting kit. Every Aimpoint that was issued back in the late 90's/early 00's should have came with that kit. It has a goose neck attachment to run the Aimpoint forward off of a carry handle, a half moon spacer with 4 longer screws for lower 1/3rd, and the standard mount for absolute.

There shouldn't be any issues with compatibility either from the M68 to the PRO.

Freedom Forged

Just a thought, but if you have access to old surplus, look for the M68 comp m2 or comp m4 mounting kit. Every Aimpoint that was issued back in the late 90's/early 00's should have came with that kit. It has a goose neck attachment to run the Aimpoint forward off of a carry handle, a half moon spacer with 4 longer screws for lower 1/3rd, and the standard mount for absolute.

There shouldn't be any issues with compatibility either from the M68 to the PRO.

Thanks. I do have a surplus store close, it's not worth much but I'll check there first.