Slings

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Slings!

List your preference for a sling on a rifle/shotgun/subgun. What weapon system, sling and how your mount the sling. Pics help, words to go with the pics even better.

An explanation for why/how you choose the sling setup is helpful to the userbase as well.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
AR-15 family

Sling:
2 Point Adjustable slings
Blue Force Gear VCAS/Victory unpadded
Magpul MS1

Mount:
Outside of stock at rear - i.e. shooting hand side if looking down on stock while shouldering rifle.
Near FSP on front.
Currently switching sling mounts to dual QD's on all personal guns. Issued rifle and sling is threaded to stock and to a Blue Force Gear UWL at the front.

100_3504.JPG

Why? I want a sling that will keep my weapon secure if I have to sling it for administrative (interviews, wall climbing, fences, breaching, arrest/hands on, etc). For wearing the sling, it depends on mission. For CQB, I place the sling in a loop only around my neck. For rural operations, I place the buttstock side of the sling over my firing shoulder, front end of the sling comes underneath my support shoulder.

IMG_0386.JPG

ptrlcop

Established
I like the VTAC sling for all my long guns (To include my bolt action deer rifle). I like the way they carry and how I can manipulate the rifle. With the carbine I set it up so that I can sling it on my off side with the mag facing rear and my off hand can reach the vertical grip without stretching. I also like being able to use the sling as a shooting aid. For mounts I always mount the rear on the outboard side of he stock and for most rifles I mount the front as far forward as possible. One exception is my SBR which mounts the front of the sling near the front of the receiver. That gun is a special purpose rifle for me however since I only use for vehicle based stuff or planned entries and not as a general purpose rifle. If I were to use the SBR as my do all rifle I would move the sling to the front.