SilencerCo Saker vs Dead Air Sandman S

TJ208

Alright industry folks in the know, give me the low down. Did Mike Pappas hit a home run with the Sandman series. Is he going to rise from the ashes after what happened with SilencerCo? Seems like a over built Saker at a similar price point. Who has had hands on experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB3
I've shot both and played around with the Dead Air cans a bit. I think it's a home run. Think of a Surefire-style mount, but you turn the can instead of the collar. Very little backpressure, very quiet. I was impressed.

TJ208

Did you try it out with 5.56? That is what I want it for and I can't find any tests with 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSA_Miller

Lone Star Armory
Vendor
Up until recently the Saker series was one of the main cans we pushed for our clients for various reasons. We consider the Dead Air offerings an upgrade. A large part of that is the mounting system.

OldSchool45B

The Palladium Group
They make excellent product, that has nothing to do with it. It is a management thing and many of us locally will back Mike until the cows come home.

CrazyDoc

Amateur
Ah makes sense after more reading I see he branched off. I never looked into who was who making my cans and such just the product. Seems like Dead Air might be the new place I get cans.

JRLym

Personally I'm disappointed in the Sandman, Literally it is just another Saker/Specwar. I thought the mount was going to knock it out of the water but once I got my hands on it I was disappointed in its strength. 5 rounds of 300 win mag on a tikka t3 24" rifle and it failed, completely sheared both the main lock and the backup that is supposed to keep the can from flying off. I expected something more than what was delivered.

here is a good comparison from this week

Attachments

• 2015-04-06 15.18.17.jpg
    2015-04-06 15.18.17.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56

CrazyDoc

Amateur
Hey don't lump the saker in with the SpecWar. The SpecWar seems to work beer than the saker unless you like buying random mounts.

JRLym

Hey don't lump the saker in with the SpecWar. The SpecWar seems to work beer than the saker unless you like buying random mounts.
The saker and specwar are both Stellite baffle and 17-4 stainless silencers, just like the Sandman. hence why I lumped them all together the basic construction of all 3 are the same, its their feature sets that define them for the needs of the user

LSA_Miller

Lone Star Armory
Vendor
Have you approached dead air about the issue? If so, How have they responded. That alone might be worth an individual thread if it isn't already.

din

Amateur
The saker and specwar are both Stellite baffle and 17-4 stainless silencers, just like the Sandman. hence why I lumped them all together the basic construction of all 3 are the same, its their feature sets that define them for the needs of the user
Dredging this up to see if you ever contacted Dead Air and, if so, how they handled it.