SIG516 URG

realfnNATO

Anybody have any experience with the SIG 516 URG? Thinking about picking one up to put on my Aero M4E1 lower. Was originally planning on building an upper, but after doing some reading I’ve decided not to. I just don’t have the tools or expertise to do it right.

marcusa

A video worth checking out courtesy of Small Arms Solutions.

Depending on your price range and end use, there are comparable options that may be worth looking at. There are plenty of quality direct impingement URGs around in that price range that will be lighter and probably more accurate, and if you are sold on a piston operating system I highly recommend checking out PWS (Primary Weapon Systems).

realfnNATO

Thanks for the link, SAS has good insights. Ended up buying it cause it was only $450 shipped, which is a pretty good deal imo. I’ve looked into POF, LMT, and PWS for piston guns and while they’re all really cool I felt like at their price points I could just get a good DI Triarc or SOLGW and save some money. But now I save even more money and can still go with a reputable manufacturer and proven design. Looking forward to shooting it when it comes in.

kyjd75

Yes. I have three of the 14.5s and one 10" 516. I like the Sig 516 rifles. They are very well built and imho are of high quality. I find them to be quite accurate and very reliable (never had a failure with any of them). I know that Sig is not particularly popular among AR folks, but they really do make a very nice piston AR in the 516. For the price they are selling these overrun 14.5s at, it is hard to pass one up.