Sig P320 Pro questions

WAVandal

So far I actually like it. Time will tell.
Any updates on the P320 Pros, good or bad? I'm very seriously looking at adding a X-Full or Full Size Pro to the safe to compliment my Glocks.
I'm hesitant to get a Pro as opposed to the X-Full for RMR compatibility.

Chriscanbreach

Established
I’m not ready to say yeah or nay yet but I’ve had zero issues with the gun or the optic. I’m not a professional reviewer but I’ll throw something together at the end of the month when I have a couple thousand more through it.

Ryan F

Amateur
I bought a Sig 320 PRO full size new in May of 2019. I am a firearms instructor for my department and 3 Officers bought Sig 320's. I bought the PRO because honestly I wanted another gun, but justified the purchase by saying some of the Officers I instruct have 320's now.
Personally I prefer the RMR over the DPP and the Sig optics so I contacted L&M Precision. He offers a Sig cut to RMR cut. When he got my slide it was the first PRO slide he had seen and admitted he knew nothing about them. Since the RMR is smaller (from front to back) he did not have to cut my slide, but drilled and tapped new holes so I could use a RMR. I had him install some Ameriglo plain black front and rear suppressor height sights while it was there.
After that I got a Grayguns laser stippled grip module and a Sig grip weight. In this configuration I fired 5200 rounds, mostly American Eagle 147 grain training ammunition. We issue 147 grain HST for patrol and the American Eagle is our training round.
I started having issues with maintaining my zero on the RMR. I first took the RMR off and put it on another pistol confirming it was not the optic. Two weeks ago I sent my slide to C&H Precision. They are making me a custom plate for the RMR with recoil boss's. I can add that review if anyone is interested.

WAVandal

@Ryan F I'd love a review for the plate. We have permission to run guns other than Glock from my firearms lead, I'd be willing to be the guinea pig for a P320 RXP XFull Size, but I want to keep my RMR.

@Chriscanbreach The R1Ps not doing well for you?

Ryan F

Amateur
I definitely will update. C&H Precision still has my slide. They called me last Friday to tell me that they would be finishing up this week but haven’t been charged yet so I think it’s not finished. They are experiencing problems like the rest of the world right now with COVID. Getting supplies workers not being able to work etc. it will get here when it gets here, hopefully soon but I will update when I get it.

Chriscanbreach

Established
@WAVandal I like the optic but it has failed to perform as designed twice now. First one had a failed elevation adjustment and would bounce up or down 10 minutes or so each round. Second one had the Motac function fail it would turn off in the holster and then not turn on during the draw. Had to smack the side to get it to wake up. I have the third one on the gun and I believe it’s a refurbished one from the factory which to be honest pisses me off. The other one (4) has only a thousand or so rounds on it and has the Motac deactivated to see how long it lasts at max -3.
This current one has right at 1500 on it this month with daily shoots and a CTT solutions class yesterday. I’ll advise as it progresses.

Ryan F

Amateur
Unfortunately no update as I have not received my slide back. When I originally contacted C&H they made it seem like a week or two tops. I have been contacted 3x and told 3x it will be finished next week and to be ready to provide payment. This weekend I sent an email and a message through IG but plan on calling. Sorry no news to pass on.

JPitts0117

Booooo damn Rona....I’m wanting to put a dot on my pro and X5 but I so far have absolutely no use for the sig optics and I refuse to put subpar optics on a duty weapon if I can help it. Thanks I’ll keep an eye out for more info when you get the slide back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriscanbreach

Established
I forgot to update this. So as of today we have two Romeo 1 Pros north of 5k rounds applied through daily training and three classes. One with Motac disabled and set at max brightness lasted 3 months which is pretty good. Mine has Motac active and isn’t having issues.
We have approved them for duty use. And like the others will continue observe their performance.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I forgot to update this. So as of today we have two Romeo 1 Pros north of 5k rounds applied through daily training and three classes. One with Motac disabled and set at max brightness lasted 3 months which is pretty good. Mine has Motac active and isn’t having issues.
We have approved them for duty use. And like the others will continue observe their performance.

Excellent, thanks for the update! Once my brother gets his R1P mounted to his M18 and starts running up the round count I’ll be sure to report back with any issues he may run into as well.

Is your department currently or planning to evaluate any of the CHPWS/Bobro/Springer Precision adapter plates for running a RMR or Holosun for duty?

Ryan F

Amateur
Got my slide back from C&H yesterday but didn’t have the chance to open it until now. While I was upset with the length of time it took C&H they did me right in the end and I’m happy I have my slide back.
My PRO was already drilled for a DPP, Romeo, and most recently the Trijicon RMR/SRO/Holosun 507C. But no recoil bosses. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet and my review is just a partial one for now. B9BF6E21-3CD9-4392-A906-28201D488272.jpeg268F3692-FD7B-4706-BE28-850406E0E1EB.jpeg313BF2D6-6C7A-4033-8C60-9253E8C985B2.jpeg29A2350C-B4B6-42BF-941D-F59256C381E6.jpegBB427671-24C0-47C6-86A0-0A3221A1FC39.jpeg3D7667EF-D9A7-4115-AE8C-35F6F4226102.jpeg

JPitts0117

So this is a OK state required qual course I shot with a buddy of mines Romeo1 Pro on a RX model full-size p320. State qual equates to 24 in the body( big rings) and one to the face. I ran the qual and scored 100% then put the remaining rounds in the target. Qual starts at 25 yards and works up to 1yd.

Attachments

• DE62FC6B-D0FC-4707-B7B9-12DA6C7A2C22.jpeg
    DE62FC6B-D0FC-4707-B7B9-12DA6C7A2C22.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 6

JPitts0117

Spots in red are from the crap ammo we were shooting and not errant rounds. Damn wwb

Attachments

• 670B5C83-10E7-4373-92CD-1DF822DE1B8C.jpeg
    670B5C83-10E7-4373-92CD-1DF822DE1B8C.jpeg
    860.8 KB · Views: 6

Chriscanbreach

Established
I guess I failed to update this.
The Sigs have been shooting without issue and are gaining in popularity. Plates from C&H are approved for the 320’s and the Romeo 1pro is authorizes as well.

We’ve also authorized the Grip modules from Wilson Combat.

5E425F16-A7BA-488F-8760-85177EC49353.jpegA6ADFEE5-DCCB-4D76-A1C0-C2BCEA7715FF.jpeg8CC3FBFF-ABE1-4F9A-876D-B7CCC82C50AE.jpeg

Chriscanbreach

Established
Personally it feels perfect to me. It’s noticeably slimmer in the back strap and point like it was made for me. And at $60 or whatever it was I couldn’t pass it up. Word of caution. The surefire x300Ua fits loose regardless of U or P bar. The x300Ub fits tight and no issue.