Sig P320 Pro questions

Chriscanbreach

Established
To me the biggest waste is they come with the Sig night sights which have to be knocked off for suppressor sights. Why not just ship them with suppressor sights?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Thanks. Any obvious advantage of the Pro series? Or is it just a push for more LE sales for departments that don’t like lightening cuts?

To my knowledge the Pro Series pistols are basically Fullsize and Carry X-Series guns without the slide lightening cuts and retaining the dovetailed rear BUIS. The reason for those changes is that there is still a pervasive theory that holes in a pistols slide invite more debris that can induce malfunctions (not much real-world evidence to support this theory), and as Chriscanbreach noted many departments still require a dovetailed rear BUIS on RDS pistols, even if the red dot you use otherwise effectively becomes your rear BUIS.

You could effectively build your own Pro Series P320 using either a Fullsize or Compact RX model slide, swapping the grip module for the corresponding X-Series grip module, and adding any number of the flat-face triggers now available for the platform. I’m not LEO so I can’t say with certainty but I imagine Sig offers a discount on the Pro Series models to first responders, so you can purchase it a bit cheaper than DIY piecemealing it together yourself

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
To me the biggest waste is they come with the Sig night sights which have to be knocked off for suppressor sights. Why not just ship them with suppressor sights?

Same reason Glocks still come with plastic sights - Save costs for the factory and they assume the end user will replace the sights with their preferred style if at all

Chriscanbreach

Established
According to them there’s no cost difference for them to put suppressor sights on every Pro gun, but they recognize even though Pro is intended for MRDS use some will buy them for the other features and more of them will not want suppressor sights. The factory package with the Romeo 1 Pro already mounted will end up being a very good deal I think. Mine is 60 or so days out but I’m looking forward to it.

JPitts0117

According to them there’s no cost difference for them to put suppressor sights on every Pro gun, but they recognize even though Pro is intended for MRDS use some will buy them for the other features and more of them will not want suppressor sights. The factory package with the Romeo 1 Pro already mounted will end up being a very good deal I think. Mine is 60 or so days out but I’m looking forward to it.

They offer it with an optic on it from the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriscanbreach

Established
They will soon. The R1P should be on par or better than the Delta point (we’ll see) and the Romeo 2 is supposed to be out for shot.
The T model has been humming right along. It may be an agency purchase only though.

Chriscanbreach

Established
Heading out to zero.
Mounted it on the compact because why not.
Recessed areas on slide look like they will support plates.
Included screws are beefy and torqued nicely to 30”lbs
Optic and cage fit snug into slide but it wouldn’t call it pro cut fit.
monotonous thing I can see that concerns so far is the emitter window. It seems overly exposed.
Figured I’d post this before I shot it. 710987BD-C37C-44F5-BCFE-5036F5C6A2AF.jpeg47F18D83-9A09-4C26-B925-CE398223E161.jpeg56858AB5-775D-4632-B36B-CCBCA2A9C899.jpegC8DBCCF4-38C1-4390-AD74-DA0A38E47C59.jpegF015E236-0D5A-423E-BD8E-2DC5F01C90C5.jpeg01EA89EB-089B-47A7-99D8-1EAA3B518D53.jpeg59885D09-2709-4C7F-80CB-FF27E93A05E7.jpeg

Chriscanbreach

Established
Zero was pretty strait forward although the clicks are vague.
zero at 10 yards small circle
Rapid at 15 large white circle
Slow at 25 black circle
Now off to steel range for a couple hundred.

Attachments

• 526208E7-31A6-4D24-A43F-75C1F68A30D5.jpeg
    526208E7-31A6-4D24-A43F-75C1F68A30D5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • CB938EA7-8A71-4613-9097-F99057969EEB.jpeg
    CB938EA7-8A71-4613-9097-F99057969EEB.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 33

Chriscanbreach

Established
So.

A couple hundred rounds on steel and I like the way the dot looks. It’s very bright and always where I want it.

This doesn’t speak to any sort of durability but I’ll keep track of the rounds through it.

When my carry shows up I’ll move it over and make it my regular range gun.
To be continued....

JPitts0117

Got to play with a buddy’s p320 rx today with the original Romeo1 on it... the groups I could accomplish was ridiculous especially with the wind we had today. He’s completely new to dots and shot a 100% twice on state LE Qualifying course. Granted it’s not super hard but he’s never shot 100% before

Chriscanbreach

Established
@JPitts0117 That’s a good question and I don’t look when I mounted it.

I assume it’s made in China but will go through the packaging and pull it off if needed Monday when I get back to work. It’ll give me an opportunity to see how much zero shift there is anyway. Has 400 rounds through it so far so it’s just getting warmed up.

JPitts0117

Local shop worker brought it up and got me to wondering where it was made