Sig P320 Pro questions

Chriscanbreach

Established
We are currently adding additional striker fired hand guns for private purchase duty use and the Sigs are next in line for our evaluation.
I see no reason the will have an issue being added based on my experience with the platform but I have to wait until September 10th to get my hands on the T&E guns.
With MRDS being department wide we’re only interested in the Pro model because we require the back up irons and prefer they be fixed to the slide. Standard P320 can of course be milled.
I know the footprint is Deltapoint / Romeo, does anyone have experience with the RMR mounted with a plate or another optic.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’m not sure of anyone making adapter plates specifically for the cut that’s included on the Pro series pistols, it’s different from what’s on any of the other civi pistols. If anyone has what you need, it’s most likely to be Springer Precision;

https://shop.springerprecision.com/P320-Optics-Mounts_c89.htm

If you absolutely must use a RMR, your best option may be getting a standard model and sending the slide off to get milled

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Correction;

25F95929-750F-435E-9712-8F5BE1213720.jpeg

Springer is working on a dedicated RMR adapter plate for the Pro series pistols. What you need is incoming

Chriscanbreach

Established
Thanks for the update. I’ll post what we get tomorrow after the meeting. Not sure what’s being dropped off. Should be a few guns and grip modules. Asked today, no 365sas but should have the legion x5

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Thanks for the update. I’ll post what we get tomorrow after the meeting. Not sure what’s being dropped off. Should be a few guns and grip modules. Asked today, no 365sas but should have the legion x5

I’ll be interested to hear what you find out

Chriscanbreach

Established
So it would appear Sig has a lot going on. The pro series in its current form is tapped only for the DPP and Romeo, there is a change in the works however and the final phase of a secondary optic footprint support are expected by the big trade show.
Rudukai13 it would also appear your friends over at Springer Precision are working with Sig on a project as well.
The Romeo is back in our testing for Duty MRDS we have the T models pictured and are expecting the Romeo Pro shortly as well as the new optic for the 365xl.
The Romeo Pro has some modularity that may prove to be very promising but time will tell.
As far as shooting goes. We brought a case of ammo out and put it through all the guns.

The Legion was a beast and shot impressively well. The idea is pretty cool with tungsten impregnated polymer, but I have questions about its long term durability. That being said it’s not intended as a duty weapon although that hasn’t stopped some from using it that way. The weight insert is a cool idea as well, we shot the legion grip module minus the magwell with the Romeo mounted pro Carry slide in that combo and I was impressed.

All the 320 Pro’s shoot great and I don’t need to review that beyond saying we had no failures. I’m really looking forward the the second footprint support and as long as there’s no issues adding the Romeo Pro to our list.

The 365 and 365XL. We only had one guy who is staying with his G43. The rest are switching to the Walther PPS or one of the 365’s. The 11th dimensional portal in the mag well accepting 10 rounds flush is great and they both shot excellent. Most of the guys felt like they shot the 365 just slightly better than the 365XL but couldn’t really explain why.

Holster support is there and I don’t see any reason we won’t make these available.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Excellent report, thank you! Sounds like it was a productive day. I know from various sources who would know that (in their words) Sig “still has a lot in the hopper” for the P320 platform, and the aftermarket support for it is growing exponentially with each passing day. Whichever variant you may choose, it’ll serve you well

JPitts0117

I have both my standard X5 and my PRO approved for duty(all I have to do is qualify with them at my dept). I do however wish they were both compatible from the factory with an rmr.

JPitts0117

No sir I wish. It’s currently in an omnivore I have both the x300 model for my personal wml and my dept issues the tlr2( the one with the laser). My dealer told me when I bought it that it would work in the Safariland ALS holster 7series( I can lookup the number if needed) for the compact/ carry size if I took out the barrel plug. I took barrel plug out and dropped it in, X5 fit all the way in but didn’t lock in the ALS, it did however fit my full size PRO while locking in correctly. I’ve been waiting on them to get a shipment in of the ALS 7series because they were supposed to order me a full size model so I can see if it will fit with or without barrel plug. I have been happy so far with the Omnivore on the range but I would still prefer a Safariland due to my years of use and their track record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_IA

Ok. I am issued a 320 and run a PRO with Deltapoint Pro as an eval gun. I got all excited thinking you cracked the code to allow the 5” 320 at work- omnivores aren’t approved where I work.

JPitts0117

Not yet my good sir not yet. My dealer is having a hell of a time getting their order in from safariland. I’ve been looking on the interwebs and have found a few 6390 that people claim work for the x5 but I’ve yet to find one not in basketweave( I ain’t bout that life).

Chriscanbreach

Established
I’ve been absent on this post. Safariland is currently a few months behind on orders. I have some RDS variants enroute from the rep but they’ve been pulled from dealer stock around the country. They won’t put us ahead of orders and deliver in a as they come order.
Just a reminder. Glock Sig and Smith are the only RDS holsters supported at this time.

Mike_IA

I have a Sig RDS holster from Safariland. Their deal is they are doing full production runs to support M16, M18, its variants, and some major LE/fed contracts. They run what they can in the down time.

I am specifically curious about safariland X5 irons and RDS holsters.

JPitts0117

Mike does your policy dictate it be a retention holster? Raven concealment is making a Perun that’s shows it’s compatible with an X5