Sig Cans

Grayman

Established
Anyone running one of their new cans yet??? Very interested in how they stack up against the known performers

voodoo_man

Established
I wanted to see them in person but they weren't at Warrior East this year (the cans, Sig was)

Local shop has a lot of Sig stuff but they can't seem to get a hold of their cans.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
Any updates on these cans? I have absolutely zero experience with Sig cans and haven't had a reason to experiment with them. Not when Surefire, Griffin, Dead Air, SiCo etc are putting out such great options.

I have customers asking about them but I've never used one (or even seen one in person) and I'm having trouble finding reputable sources that have.

Ike

I ordered three of them through the SLED program, back in February. My LGS is stating that I may get them before July so that I can file the paperwork on them; but I'm not holding my breath. In Hindsight, just to try and get the suppressors before the change in trust law in July, I should of gone with a different manufacture for the suppressors.

N

nate89

I asked the rep for our area about them, and even he wasn't able to get any yet for demo. I am also interested, and tried getting with him about having a couple on the range I work at, but I haven't heard back yet. I am not necessarily wanting to quickly buy one personally before 41p goes into effect, but I would like to see them released soon.

Andrew Y.

My class 3 dealer in IA has a .45 and 7.62 one, and the range I happened to stop in at in College Station TX had a 7.62 QD on the shelf. So they are out there, no clue who decided who gets one

I have a 7.62 Titanium QD can that I use on an 18" barrel POF .308. The quality is excellent, repeatability is outstanding and sound suppression is probably the best I have experienced. I do not have any way to measure the decible levels but compared to other cans i have used on this weapon, I believe that it is the quietest. but that is just an opinion.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
I ordered three of them through the SLED program, back in February. My LGS is stating that I may get them before July so that I can file the paperwork on them; but I'm not holding my breath. In Hindsight, just to try and get the suppressors before the change in trust law in July, I should of gone with a different manufacture for the suppressors.

16 months later, how do you like them?

Andrew Y.

My dad as a 556-tiqd. Sound and weight are nice, the lock up is nice on the mount however it's a pain to remove.

This is my first time with a suppressor in any serious capacity.

16 months later, how do you like them?
The only one I've put any amount of real ammo through has been my 556 QD, its preformed well. I'm happy with the can, however part of my wish is that I had gone with a smaller can then what I have. But that's my only complaint. Getting it on and off is kind of a pain, but it is something a few times after you do it that isn't that difficult.
Right now my only real complaint is that when you order the .45 suppressor, you have to buy the adaptor to shoot 9mm. Personally I think it should come with it, so I haven't suppressed any of my pistols yet but I will hopefully in the near future.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
The only one I've put any amount of real ammo through has been my 556 QD, its preformed well. I'm happy with the can, however part of my wish is that I had gone with a smaller can then what I have. But that's my only complaint. Getting it on and off is kind of a pain, but it is something a few times after you do it that isn't that difficult.
Right now my only real complaint is that when you order the .45 suppressor, you have to buy the adaptor to shoot 9mm. Personally I think it should come with it, so I haven't suppressed any of my pistols yet but I will hopefully in the near future.
Thanks for the reply, and the info about the .45 adapter.

JLinn

Necroposting.

The rifle muzzle devices can be in short supply. Especially the 3-prong flash hiders.

The SRD556QD isn't the lightest not the quietest - but it does a decent job. Full 17-4 construction, I believe they're full auto rated. Mines on a 12.5" AR and it's not too heavy or too long - but it's definitely not a lightweight AR. I think I'd have gone with direct thread if I had to do over again.

The SRD762-QD: essentially an upsized 556 can. Not the lightest, not the quietest. Mines on a 16" 5.56 AR. I've not shot it on a .30 cal gun because I don't have one.

Neither are too gassy. The QD system isn't all that quick in my estimation. Especially if things are hot.

The SRD9 and SRD45 are nice pistol cans. Though the pistons seem to get quite dirty quite easily. And that's lead to malfunctions. I have white lithium grease on the pistons now - hopefully that'll help.

One of the pistol cans resides most of the time on a Scorpion pistol. The other floats around from pistol host to pistol host. As I write this, I honestly don't remember which can is on the Scorpion. No matter.

I'm not an expert - but the Sig cans definitely seem to be bomb proof and relatively "inexpensive". And easily repairable should there be a baffle strike or a more catastrophic failure.