Show and tell

whit77

Just found this empty sub forum and figured I’d kick things off. Show off your Staccato and mention any issues you’ve come across, resolutions and upgrades.

I had 1 mag that wouldn’t lock back the slide. I’m close so I dropped it off they put in a new slide stop/release and provided a new mag. Has been trouble free since. It was topped off with an rmr type 2 but decided to try a Holosun 507c x2. No more star burst affect. Here’s my P DUO and a few targets. 1200+ rounds so far.
dae8d2b5626ef5e4d4e0e7cde67f3b85.jpg

b1dd554617cad3415b7a65016eb06ed7.jpg

3636401855aa2c8ce3b3d01af4a6df2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I've had this C2 back from getting a Chambers Custom plate mounted by Dave Laubert and getting the grip retextured by Extreme Shooters for about two months now. First ten rounds out of it for me after zero were a 96. I haven't shot under a 95 with it yet. Way more carryable than a -P for me.

I'm currently AIWBing it with an X300U in a JMCK holster, but have a Blackpoint Tactical TLR7 holster coming for it soon.20201211_102940.jpg

I have 1500 rounds through my C2, Holosun 407k, using a Tenicor holster for AIWB. No issues from the Gun. When zeroing, I shot these two pics at 25 yards. One was a full mag of my carry ammo, the other my last 4 rounds I had for my carry Ammo I brought that day. Federal 124 grain punch. I like it so much, I have another on order. Going to pair it with a RMRcc.

thumbnail_IMG_2511.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2512.jpgthumbnail_IMG_3767.jpg

pointblank4445

Established
smUMvry.jpg

Brandon Buhler did my Chambers plates.
NOTE: If you're having this done, best to get your front sights done at the same time if you intend to have your irons anywhere in the ballpark.

Smith

Man these look really cool. Something about that 1911 form factor + the modern "tacticool" style. Plus, incidentally, it seems like yours were made in America?

I've heard that 1911s and 2011s aren't really newbie guns like Glocks. "You need to keep them oiled and tuned like a Ferrari," or something of that nature. I think AJ Zito said that on a recent Modern Samurai podcast.

Do you agree with that, or do you think the Staccatos would make a reasonable newbie/dontwannathinkaboutitjustgo gun?

Jake_Disty

Amateur
Man these look really cool. Something about that 1911 form factor + the modern "tacticool" style. Plus, incidentally, it seems like yours were made in America?

I've heard that 1911s and 2011s aren't really newbie guns like Glocks. "You need to keep them oiled and tuned like a Ferrari," or something of that nature. I think AJ Zito said that on a recent Modern Samurai podcast.

Do you agree with that, or do you think the Staccatos would make a reasonable newbie/dontwannathinkaboutitjustgo gun?

People can choose to spend their money however they want, but I don't think it's an ideal newbie firearm. If someone is brand new to centerfire semi-auto handguns, I would personally suggest something else. I think most of us can agree that 1911/2011 firearms require a higher degree of attention than what is required of many quality striker-fired polymer pistols out there. Beyond just oiling the gun, other factors include replacing springs, fitting/tuning parts, and even selecting quality magazines. One nice thing about recommending popular quality pistols like M&P, Glock, Sig, CZ, etc. is that generally, if people stick with OEM parts, and run quality ammo, it works. There isn't really a question of "Which (springs, mags, extra parts) will work correctly".

No matter who you are tho or what gun you have, I will also suggest maintaining your firearms and oiling them as needed.