Shotgun Light Mount

Low_Speed_Notper8or

So given how I have been a gun guy, and how I have been running a shotgun for home defense for jeez going on 4 years this is a very embarassing questions for me but...

What is a good light mount for a 12 gauge mossberg 500. I have seen the Elzetta mounts and I did try some cheap mount from walmart, but that thing broke after doing some testing on my zero with slugs and running through a standard load of my defensive ammo(5 in the gun crusier ready of 3 inch buck, 5 on the gun in a side saddle with a slug)

So with that being said, what is a decent mount to put on a mossberg 500, and a decent light that isnt going to break the bank but will do what I need (illuminate and positively ID a target out to 25 yards, I don't need a big heavy flashlight putting light out beyond where the effective range of my gun is out front adding weight and throwing off balance)

jnc36rcpd

We have some shotguns running with Streamlight TLR-1's on them. We use 870's, but I suspect you can mount similar rail pieces on a Mossburg. That said, most of our shotguns aren't run very hard.
The TLR is relatively inexpensive and the rocker switch allows some flexibility on how you mount and activate. I believe they also offer a tape switch option, but I'm not sure how practical that would be on a shotgun.

edb0c1c3842e54c9ac4fedd5609d0707.jpg

Surefire all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lutz501

Amateur
I can double down that the Surefire DSF ^that^ appears to be the best option for a pump gun. It is ambi with user programmable switchology which is nice. It's a little pricier than some of the simple mount options available but I think for the reliability and the fact it's the only effective ambi solution I have seen it is definitely worth it. (I'm a lefty and the boss lady is a righty so Ambi is an absolute must for all our guns)

Mike_IA

I use a Magpul forend and either a cantilever scout light mount. Magpul or Arisaka. My gun has an Arisaka because that’s what I had around. I think GG&G makes one that mounts to the barrel if you don’t want it in the pump.

Attachments

• 2182693B-960C-418F-9823-EF8249466D36.jpeg
    2182693B-960C-418F-9823-EF8249466D36.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 62
I use a Magpul forend and either a cantilever scout light mount. Magpul or Arisaka. My gun has an Arisaka because that’s what I had around. I think GG&G makes one that mounts to the barrel if you don’t want it in the pump.
Do I see a tape switch cable coming out of there?

Mike_IA

Yes you do. I am playing with gluing a momentary only tape switch to the bottom of the forend for ambi use.