Shot Show 2017 Tips

JamesH

Amateur
Hi all,

Myself and some of the other guys from the company are heading over to the Shot Show next year. This will be our first time over for this and as such don't quite know what to expect.

If you had to give one tip for going, what would it be?

brimstone

Book your hotel rooms now if you haven't done it. There will be two to three other major trade shows in town the same week next year.

Plan out the places you need to visit and locations ahead of time. Some of the smaller vendors may be difficult to find. It will be super crowded early in the week, but crowds thin out on the last day.

If you aren't staying close enough to walk, take Uber to the show. Parking sucks and valet takes forever when you leave.

More than one tip, but all valid.

SHOT has busses that go to most of the hotels. Best way to get to, and from, each day.
You can't see everything, so plan WHO you want to meet/see, and schedule link ups with people who don't have booths.

JamesH

Amateur
I had a chat to a mate what has been for the last few years and he said:

1. Turn up at lunch on the first day to miss the sign in crowds
2. It might be cold but don't wear a jumper as you will regret it once inside
3. Seek out contacts early, on the last day no one wants to talk

Can anyone confirm the validity of these?

JRude

Amateur
There is an app I download on my iPad that makes navigating much easier. you enter the booth you want to visit, then what you are close to, and it gives the shortest route.

JamesH

Amateur
There is an app I download on my iPad that makes navigating much easier. you enter the booth you want to visit, then what you are close to, and it gives the shortest route.

That sounds good, what's the name of that app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at picking up a LPVO for my AR and an RDS for my handgun. Would it be wise at this point to see what might be introduced at SHOT? Never paid attention to how tight lipped manufacturers of these types of products are as SHOT approaches.

jwramp

Bird's Eye View
One tip? Talk to the guys running the booths! It's easy to just cover a bunch of ground and browse things quickly to try and see everything, but especially with the smaller manufacturers quite often the heads of the companies or guys from engineering are there and - surprise - they absolutely know what they're talking about. From 2 or 3 years ago I remember distinctly there were some awesome guys at the big Magpul booth that actually had their hands in the development of the specific products they were standing by. Even more so with the smaller guys - you can tell which ones spend their money on fancy displays and *ahem* booth personnel vs the ones that actually bring out the guys that know what they're talking about and have a passion for the products they brought to show off. Yes, there's some that do both too - I remember B.A.D. had a really slick booth and their president was on-hand talking about his wares - similar story over at SilencerCo (always amazing booth experience w/ Waldron willing to chat with anybody).

Josh Money

If you are flying to LV, pre-plan how you will get extra swag and printed material home. The glossy brochure collecting can get out of control and pretty soon you will have 50 pounds of brochures in your hotel room that will require extra bags and check in fees when you travel home. $

Josh Money

I don't see a LF/PS SHOT Show patch thread, is that not happening this year? Any gatherings for 2017?

My TIP #2 would also be don't get so blitzed that you are miserable walking the floor the next day.

JamesH

Amateur
I have just been made aware of the facebook group P&S - SHOT 2017. I need to learn to search harder.

W

Whootsinator

I don't see a LF/PS SHOT Show patch thread, is that not happening this year? Any gatherings for 2017?

My TIP #2 would also be don't get so blitzed that you are miserable walking the floor the next day.

Prime will be handing out these patches at SHOT to people wearing P&S shirts or patches:

15439836_380320538982120_8371607230268491640_n.jpg