shooting books

What books should be on the shelf for our knowledge and reference and to pass on to our progeny? I own a few:

Green Eyes Black Rifle - Kyle Lamb
Long Range Shooting Handbook - Ryan Cleckner
Urban Rifle - Clint Smith
TC 3-22.9 - US Army
Armorer's Manual AR-15/M4/M16 - Chris Bartocci

Others I would like to add to the shelf:

Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals - Brian Enos
TAPS - Pat McNamara
Anything by Jeff Cooper
Vickers Guidebooks

Please keep adding to the list!

jBravo3

Hopefully some of these titles are readable/visible via zoom feature. I don't know where to start. Strictly trigger pulling, or the foundational, "mindset" stuff first? Cooper? Grossman? Then Varg, of course, which has to follow him up. Ben Stoeger, Paul Howe, Pat Mac...

KIMG1968~2.JPG

Whiskey

Amateur
I don't any to add but I love your bookshelf. I have a few of the same. Howe's "Leadership and Training for the Fight" is a worthy read even if you aren't carrying a gun proffesionally.

Hopefully some of these titles are readable/visible via zoom feature. I don't know where to start. Strictly trigger pulling, or the foundational, "mindset" stuff first? Cooper? Grossman? Then Varg, of course, which has to follow him up. Ben Stoeger, Paul Howe, Pat Mac...

View attachment 8266
Impressive bookshelf, as an aspiring sheriff's deputy you have quite a few on my list

H-Minus

I guess my question would be what are you wanting to pass on in particular? In what context? For self defense? Military? LEO?

To start with, I'd recommend Varg Freeborn's 'Violence of Mind'. Knowing what your mission is will help to fill in the gaps as to the remainder.

GunStun

Don't wanna create a new thread, so I'm asking here

What books do you know about the history of the Swedish gun industry? Do they even exist?

Kwachen

Lots of good choices there, and I'd like to flag humor in uniform.

The deeper I get into self defense/defensive living/whatever you'd like to call it, the more I think that some of the best and also most overlooked training is books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People" or "Principles of Standup Comedy."

I don't expect my students to be able to sell out a comedy show, but the ability to figure out how to connect with/amuse another human enough to defuse a situation has ENORMOUS merit. Roll, shoot, dry fire, compete, all of that stuff....but the observational and interactive skillsets are going to go a long way, too, in my opinion.