Shooters Cut vs. Swimmers Cut

Which one do you guys prefer? What are the pros and cons? Tell me your experience with them. I have RMA plates that are shooters cut and I am wondering if swimmers cut really makes it that much easier to shoulder a rifle. Seems like you lose a slight bit of coverage around the heart and lungs area with swimmers cut.

Chriscanbreach

Established
I had to think about it for a sec but I can’t recall the plate ever interfering with my ability to shoulder and accurately fire the weapon.

The carriers straps are what you’ll most likely notice although once you’ve trained with it becomes a non issue, at least it has for me.

Get the proper sized plate / carrier and wear them correctly in training and I think you’ll find you quickly adapt to where they just feel normal.

As far as the cut goes, none of my plates are swimmers cut even though minimal weight is my top priority. I have a lot of other crap to carry and it’s in conjunction with soft armor which adds it own bulk.

Thinking it this way. If you want slightly more room to squeeze your shoulders together and have no real fear of ever being shot at while doing so you can save some ounces with the swimmers cut in the right carrier.

I had to think about it for a sec but I can’t recall the plate ever interfering with my ability to shoulder and accurately fire the weapon.

The carriers straps are what you’ll most likely notice although once you’ve trained with it becomes a non issue, at least it has for me.

Get the proper sized plate / carrier and wear them correctly in training and I think you’ll find you quickly adapt to where they just feel normal.

As far as the cut goes, none of my plates are swimmers cut even though minimal weight is my top priority. I have a lot of other crap to carry and it’s in conjunction with soft armor which adds it own bulk.

Thinking it this way. If you want slightly more room to squeeze your shoulders together and have no real fear of ever being shot at while doing so you can save some ounces with the swimmers cut in the right carrier.
I kinda figured training would make little things like that a non-issue, or expose new issues. I haven't had a chance to do any drills or take any courses wearing a plate carrier yet. That's a good point about the shoulder straps but I have a Ferro Concepts Slickster so the straps are pretty low profile. Thanks for the response.

Fatboy

Established
Biggest area you would notice a difference between SAPI or Shooters cut is using a pistol two handed a full extension. For pretty much anything else you'll notice the carrier more than the plates.