Shield Arms S15 15-round magazine for G43X/G48

tylerw02

shoobe01

Established
TLR-6 already available. Not sure much better will happen without rails on it. Not my gun, but I have a tlr-6 on something else:

il_794xN.1841578633_nbuw.jpg

Not a bad light, and a laser to boot (though I have mine mode selected off).

I’ve seen some shots of eu models leaked with small rails on them and a small light with an “SF” on the side. Looked similar to a tlr8. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weaver1032

That TLR-6 seems like a good idea, but at 100 lumens, I'll pass. If I could find an LED upgrade pushing more like 300-500 lumens, I'd buy them for every subcompact I own.

This 15 round mag, has me very intrigued. I'll probably buy a couple after the pre-order ones are out and see if they're worth the investment.

bilbo

Back to the magazine, this will make the "Single-Stack G19" into an actual G19.

If this takes off, I hope they do whatever voodoo that they do to a G17 mag. Flush-fit 21 rounders would be awesome.

I don't think it would work with standard Glock 9mm mags. Aren't they already true double stack? Ditching the plastic and widening the mag would result in... semi-triple-stack mags?

I'm holding out a while longer. At least until the 15 rnd mags prove reliable; perhaps until the bring the railed models .. G48 + 15 rnd mag + rail + micro-light = sold.

Spiff034

From what I can gather, the first users have mags that work fine, but are destroying the OEM mag catch rapidly. Haven’t seen longevity testing on the Al mag catch from Shield yet. Geometry of the mag catch window seems such that the mag catch will get very little engagement on the OEM mag catch at least.

Barry B

Several things have caused me to cancel my order. 1, the mags are very late shipping. 2, I'm dubious based on company claims that they have shipped at least one batch, but not 1 bit of commentary on either social media or YouTube channels of someone testing one. You'd think if these were in the wild, the YouTubers would be testing the hell out of them. So, I'll wait for 1, mags to ship and 2, reviews on function.

To be fair, Shield immediately processed my refund the second I requested it. That says something.

Barry

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
From what I can gather, the first users have mags that work fine, but are destroying the OEM mag catch rapidly. Haven’t seen longevity testing on the Al mag catch from Shield yet. Geometry of the mag catch window seems such that the mag catch will get very little engagement on the OEM mag catch at least.
I modified a couple of 75 compact mags for a friend's 43x and that was the issue we found, the metal magazine eats the polymer mag catch. We put in an aluminum one from Hyve and that has so far resolved the issue.

Boy Scout

Several things have caused me to cancel my order. 1, the mags are very late shipping. 2, I'm dubious based on company claims that they have shipped at least one batch, but not 1 bit of commentary on either social media or YouTube channels of someone testing one. You'd think if these were in the wild, the YouTubers would be testing the hell out of them. So, I'll wait for 1, mags to ship and 2, reviews on function.

To be fair, Shield immediately processed my refund the second I requested it. That says something.

Barry

I know it doesn't count for much, but here's one from my friend. He seemed to get his in an appropriate time and used their metal mag catch. Shield even sent him a double order by mistake in the drive to get them out.