Shadow systems pistols. Good,bad,just trash?

Farmboy20

My local gun shop has some shadow systems pistols in, and i was wanting to pick on up but i know nothing about the company or their work. The particular one that caught my eye was the shadow systems mr920 elite with the slide that has the plate for a red dot. I believe it’s almost like a glock 19 pistol just upgraded I’m not 100% sure any help/info be appreciated. I also saw the new 9mm sig in there that holds like 12 rounds. I’m kinda wondering which one to go grab any advise on that also be appreciative. These guns are primarily my carry guns that i keep with me. And info be greatly appreciated.

Stanislao

Shadow Systems started out selling aftermarket upgrades, now they're selling essentially aftermarket Glocks. They have a generally good reputation, and a new Shadow Systems gun is cheaper than a similarly upgraded Glock. Their triggers require some break in by the user, slide tends to hang up if you pin the trigger. Manual suggests a two hundred round break in period, but I think a large part of that can be done by dry fire. Regarding warranty Shadow Systems has a lifetime warranty for the original buyer, contrasting nicely with Glock's one year. Either gun is easy enough to just replace broken parts on. Most Glock holsters should fit the Shadow Systems guns without issue. Aftermarket Glock parts often do as well, though there is little need to modify the gun.

The SIG P365 is a completely different class of well regarded guns. Good holster support as the P365 is a market leader. Aftermarket support is similar to the the comparable Glock pistols. Warranty is a limited lifetime, officially with a number of ways to be voided if you're dumb enough to tell SIG you did something dumb with the gun.

Either gun should serve you well. If at all possible, shoot both before making a purchase. The size difference between the guns is probably the more important factor. If you are attempting to conceal the gun you will find the P365 very easy. Assuming you are an average height and weight male you'll have to put more effort into the Shadow Systems, but it can be done. Again, both good guns.

Farmboy20

Well ta
Shadow Systems started out selling aftermarket upgrades, now they're selling essentially aftermarket Glocks. They have a generally good reputation, and a new Shadow Systems gun is cheaper than a similarly upgraded Glock. Their triggers require some break in by the user, slide tends to hang up if you pin the trigger. Manual suggests a two hundred round break in period, but I think a large part of that can be done by dry fire. Regarding warranty Shadow Systems has a lifetime warranty for the original buyer, contrasting nicely with Glock's one year. Either gun is easy enough to just replace broken parts on. Most Glock holsters should fit the Shadow Systems guns without issue. Aftermarket Glock parts often do as well, though there is little need to modify the gun.

The SIG P365 is a completely different class of well regarded guns. Good holster support as the P365 is a market leader. Aftermarket support is similar to the the comparable Glock pistols. Warranty is a limited lifetime, officially with a number of ways to be voided if you're dumb enough to tell SIG you did something dumb with the gun.

Either gun should serve you well. If at all possible, shoot both before making a purchase. The size difference between the guns is probably the more important factor. If you are attempting to conceal the gun you will find the P365 very easy. Assuming you are an average height and weight male you'll have to put more effort into the Shadow Systems, but it can be done. Again, both good guns.
Thanks for the info!! Now you’ve really made me want to just go buy both of them lol!

I recently obtained an MR920 Combat. The optic mounting system is the best there is for vertical screw mounting optics.

Mine is laser beam accurate.

The bad: The recoil spring seemed underpowered out of the box failing the Glock recoil spring test. I have had seven failures to feed in the first 400 rounds. Shadow Systems is sending me a new recoil spring. It should be here next week. An acquaintance is getting a new barrel due to an issue with his chamber. I hope the recoil spring is my fix. A coworker got a CR920 at the same time I got my pistol. His trigger was disappointing, and they sent him an entirely new trigger system.

I have two MR920Ls, about 300 rounds through both. I had cleaned off the factory oil and put on SLP 2000. So far, neither has had an issue. IMO, it is the best striker fire gun to buy. Between my friends and I, we have 10 shadows systems pistols and they have been performing very well.

I carried the p365 (the sig). It is a good gun, it is not as snappy as other guns in its size. Comparing to the MR920, well shoot ability, the MR wins hands down. If you can carry the MR920, that would be my vote.