Setting up my ideal Mossberg

John Clark

I'm writing this specifically towards Steve F as he is very well versed on the shotgun and its use but I welcome other feedback as well. I'm looking to setup a 18.5" Mossberg 590A1 in the next few months. What I'm looking to accomplish is mount a RMR (dot size ?) or Aimpoint Micro. To compound this I'd like if I could find a solution allowing some sort of lower 1/3 or co-witness for ghost ring sights or rifle sights. Is this even feasible or advisable given your experince behind the platform? If so where do you mount it givens the tang saftey, how deep, etc. I can think of several issues that make this a challenge. My plan is to send it off to our mutual friend Doug at ATEi to do the work if possible.

Additional modifications: Surefire foregrip, Mapul Stock, Ares Gear panels...

Thanks V/R,
JC

necropost, but relevant.

I too have a 590A1, and got a spare cheap EoTech EXPS 2.0. Id like to mount it and if possible retain the use of the ghost ring sights via co-witness.
Is there an integral rail with rear ghost ring sight? is it feasible to do? or will the EO sit too high for the stock height sights?

MrMurphy

I do not see an Eothingie working with any of the stock sights and cowitness. Even a micro to do so would need a non qd mount to get low enough.

Wake27

I do not see an Eothingie working with any of the stock sights and cowitness. Even a micro to do so would need a non qd mount to get low enough.

Yeah the only Co-Witness option I’m aware of is a micro/clone on an Aridus CROM. I don’t see any way that an EOTech could work, especially an EXPS with the lower 1/3 mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk