Setting up a defensive shotgun

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
Aimpoint, mag tube extension, Magpul stock (when available), side-saddle, adj 2-point sling, SF EAG light.

workandplaytubes_zps379650ec.jpg

Paul053

Amateur
So for those going red dot... What and how far do you zero for? Initially I zeroed for slugs but then thought about it and I'd probably never use a slug in a defense shooting. Plus with flight control why even need slugs. So if you're solely using buck shot how do you zero? Get it so that roughly your poa is right in the middle of pattern? And what range? Typical home hallway? Or farther?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So for those going red dot... What and how far do you zero for? Initially I zeroed for slugs but then thought about it and I'd probably never use a slug in a defense shooting. Plus with flight control why even need slugs. So if you're solely using buck shot how do you zero? Get it so that roughly your poa is right in the middle of pattern? And what range? Typical home hallway? Or farther?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I like 25 yards then confirm with buckshot (flight control). I don't load slugs for HD but some classes use them and I'll do drills during range trips with them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk