Set your brain to critical analysis

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
We are inundated with scam phone calls, phishing emails, surrounded by fake people on social media hiding behind made up personas and we recognize most if not all of this. When we hear the weather report, does anyone believe it is going to be 100% correct? So, why aren't people applying these same defensive mental skills to the information we take in through the news and media? Just because something is on social media or the news does not make it automatically correct or accurate.

You should be suspicious of everything, and the things that get your attention deserve further scrutiny by checking with multiple independent sources which are each providing different perspectives. If you turn on your favorite news program and set your brain to receive but not critical analysis, you are part of the problem. This takes effort and work, but the alternative is to be mindless sheep being manipulated into doing whatever you are told by media and politicians.
Pro tip- politicians are supposed to represent you, not lead you.

Please consider this and don't blindly follow. Apply these same principles to what I have written.

SCS1911

I had a very wise instructor/preceptor who told me: “doubt everything you are told as fact, go find out for yourself”. I have applied this concept in my professional and personal life since.