Scout Light Turbo switch ?

Swobe1

Greetings. Is anyone running a Scout Light Turbo, and if so, is anyone using the SF DS07 switch? I know Modlite says that switch isn't ideal for running their lights, so was curious if SF is the same way since the output is more, candela wise (allegedly) on the Turbo?

I do not have a Turbo, but I have the DS07 sitting around and was looking hard at these lights. The lights I currently run I love the light itself, but I find the switch less than desirable for my personal taste.

I would ask on FB, but man do I despise that platform and some of the people who comment on there. Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default.mp3

Established
No firm knowledge, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it would suffer from reduced output, given that the old SureFire M600DF also had reduced output from the ST07 and SR07. It's not super noticeable, and you can still use the DS00 just fine.

Swobe1

Okay. Not sure why, but I miswrote what switch I have. I have an SR07, that is now plugged into a m340DFT. I'm going to do some comparing tonight between the clicky tailcap and the switch and see if I can see any difference. I have zero technical way to measure, so everything will be visual and as clear as I can get. On first impression I really like the light and it beats the CD rein 2.0 I had on my work rifle as far as throw goes. Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to take it outside as long as it's not storming here.

Default.mp3

Established
Okay. Not sure why, but I miswrote what switch I have. I have an SR07, that is now plugged into a m340DFT. I'm going to do some comparing tonight between the clicky tailcap and the switch and see if I can see any difference. I have zero technical way to measure, so everything will be visual and as clear as I can get. On first impression I really like the light and it beats the CD rein 2.0 I had on my work rifle as far as throw goes. Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to take it outside as long as it's not storming here.

I doubt you'd notice a difference. The human eye sucks at noticing the difference in brightness if it's not a big difference. You might be able to notice the output difference if you had two lights side-by-side, but not if you're going to be going from one setup to the other in series.