SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2

Asr34

Amateur
A co-worker asked me my thoughts on the SCCY CPX-1. He saw a "review" on the Outdoor channel and his wife and son were interested in getting one. He seemed into the size, but also that it had a manual thumb safety. I told him that I didn't know enough to speak intelligently about them. I looked up their website, saw the specs, and recommended an M&P Shield with a thumb safety.

After my department's GTO CORE fiasco, I'm VERY leery of start up gun companies. But, in the interest of learning more and satisfying my curiosity, any one have any experience with them? I know that some great people are doing great things with small start up gun companies, but is this one of them? Has anyone (here or reliable source) really wrung one out?

Dr. Cornwallis

They are shit guns, a modern day "Saturday night special." If your friend puts any value on his life at all heel find a way to fork over a little more money for something reputable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you, what are you basing that statement on? Have you handled one? Did you shoot it and have issues? Just curious where your opinion comes from Sir.

Dr. Cornwallis

While I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you, what are you basing that statement on? Have you handled one? Did you shoot it and have issues? Just curious where your opinion comes from Sir.

It's all good. I worked for a major FL firearms retailer while in school and we carried the SCCY line. Handling one, they feel and look very cheaply made (as they are). I also saw a large percentage go back to the factory with issues right out of the box.

Gaz

It's all good. I worked for a major FL firearms retailer while in school and we carried the SCCY line. Handling one, they feel and look very cheaply made (as they are). I also saw a large percentage go back to the factory with issues right out of the box.

They are an inexpensive design. Shooting the DAO is challenging as expected, however overall the one I shot ran about 500 rounds without a problem. Weapons in their cost bracket tend to be hit or miss, so running through a handy amount of rounds would be a good move. As far as I can tell, they are decent for the money. Not like it's a $500 pistol or anything.

Gaz

There are some things I'll buy that are "decent for the money" but pistols aren't one of them.

Ironically, I wouldn't consider a stock Glock "decent for the money" due to other market options giving more for your buck at similar or lower price points. This thread thus far has been largely subjective, I should clarify that I meant you're not getting any tricks, but I found the pistol to be reliable in my limited experience.