Sbr/ pdw questions

Etweedt

I have searched, but the Google machine isn't doing it for me. If this has been discussed please redirect me. This came up because I have ability to get the Sig rattler psb in 300blk, for a just under $1800 all in. Primary use would be self defense 2 and 4 leg variety, in home and vehicle for road trips, psb only no sbr, suppressor in the future. Can the 300blk perform well from a 5.5in barrel? I believe that I could get a longer one at a later date. Is this setup all Sig claims it to be or is it gimmick? The ultra compact size is appealing. Would I be better off with a larger 300blk or 5.56 in a DI gun?

Dr. Cornwallis

I would opt for something with an 8” or 9” barrel unless you were exclusively shooting subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voodoo_man

Established
lol $1800...

Get a BCM or DSGarms .300 DI upper and call it a day, it will work better and be more reliable than anything on the market.

Etweedt

lol $1800...

Get a BCM or DSGarms .300 DI upper and call it a day, it will work better and be more reliable than anything on the market.

Yes, it' not cheap. Not really worried about that aspect as long as it' reliable, effective and fills the role its intended for.​

Etweedt

I would opt for something with an 8” or 9” barrel unless you were exclusively shooting subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exclusivey subs unless forced to. I'm not opposed at all to a longer barrel with a law folder to shrink the package. However, the collapseable psb on a piston upper is a nice option.