Sandbag Stuff

regdudedrtyjob

3 months ago, I received a brand new seabag from a coworker. I took it to the wash by my house, filled it with sand, took it home, and got it to weigh 45 pounds. Now I use it to ruck around with. Are there any other workouts I could be doing with this? Any other similar "penitentiary" or I guess "FOB" -style workouts you guys have used that worked out well?

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Look up "Turkish Get Up" and the "Sandbag Get Up" variant of it.

I'd just look at what workouts are already being done and how I could do the same lift only with a Sandbag. i.e. Squat, Clean, etc.

Grizzly

Take a look at the go ruck 6 week work out plan. Depending on your current fitness level it is a good ramp up or if you are in good shape already just use heavier rucks from day one. And they use a lot of rucking and sand bag fun.

mclmm

I ducked out on sandbags for a good while due to cost or no time to make one. They are $30 at academy right now.

Will Brink

3 months ago, I received a brand new seabag from a coworker. I took it to the wash by my house, filled it with sand, took it home, and got it to weigh 45 pounds. Now I use it to ruck around with. Are there any other workouts I could be doing with this? Any other similar "penitentiary" or I guess "FOB" -style workouts you guys have used that worked out well?

Sandbag training can be some of the most productive around, and can be used for strength, mobility, endurance, etc. It's an unbalanced load. Lunges, swings, pull throughs, Turkish get ups, front squats, step ups, and many others. A suspension trainer, a few KBs, and a set of bags, and one can create a highly effective program for minimal costs that takes up minimal space.

Grizzly

Looks like the SSD/mountain athlete guys use wood pellets in a big duffel to get their weight:
(that was 7 years old so who knows what they use now. It looks a lot more comfortable than the duct taped bag of concrete I'm using. That might be worth filling the bag with.
The bag in action:

The OU test was a humbling run of fun. Fun enough that I signed up for the SSD subscription to get up the OU training program. Today's work out is dead lifts, 10 rounds of sand bag getups, pull ups and sprints. Weeeeeeeee.