Salomon XA Pro 3d Mid (shoes)

N

nate89

I have mine since Christmas, and they are the most comfortable boot I have ever used. They are lightweight, waterproof, and I have been very happy with them. I'm looking forward to seeing the long-term durability in the coming year.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Just picked these up last week. Initial impression is extremely comfortable and lightweight. The lace system is a little different but I like it. I was advised by the guy at the store, who also is sold on salomon, that the plastic locking slide will wear out. Time will tell and hopefully rei or salomon will warranty it -if- this s the case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
Just picked these up last week. Initial impression is extremely comfortable and lightweight. The lace system is a little different but I like it. I was advised by the guy at the store, who also is sold on salomon, that the plastic locking slide will wear out. Time will tell and hopefully rei or salomon will warranty it -if- this s the case.

That sliding system lace is pretty nice. I like it better than the ones that's on the Keens I have. I think it's pretty cool how it tucks into the top as well so it's out of the way. We'll see how long it lasts.

Ike

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor

Everything wears out eventually...but I wore soles smooth on 2 pair of these in black, and had no problems with the cordlock or laces.

- Jake

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Everything wears out eventually...but I wore soles smooth on 2 pair of these in black, and had no problems with the cordlock or laces.

- Jake
That's good to know the lock shouldn't be a weak link in the long term! Appreciate that feedback Jake

N

nate89

I've been wearing mine pretty regularly (3-4 times a week) all day, and I am sold. I have a friend who buys a new pair of these whenever the last one wears out, and I can see why. The tread is not as aggressive as some may like (Northern Utah and snow have shown me the you can still slide around even with the tread these have), but for almost all situations except for ice and very wet snow the traction has been adequate. They are very lightweight, waterproof, and after about 2 months they still look brand new. I am a convert to these shoes, as well as the Speedcross set I have.

I've been wearing these for about 5 years now. The newest generation of the mid shoes are cut lower in the rear, along your Achilles. They're not nearly as comfortable in my opinion. You can see the difference in the OP and I'm not sure how to differentiate the generations when ordering.

I had a sole separation on a pair a few years ago, and their CS was great. No questions asked exchange.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
I wore these for 35 consecutive hours a few days ago. 28-29 of those hours were spent on my feet. Literally all day comfort. Another thing I noticed is I never had to adjust or re-tighten the laces like I've had to on a pair of Keens I owned that uses a similar "speed lace".

After spending several months with them and wearing them daily as well as the recent 1.5 days of non stop use I have to say I'm impressed.

Ike

Tuukka

I think I opened a thread on these over at LF.net when they came out.

Have worn a two pairs of these in black now, daily wear + on the range. Good shoe for our ( Finland ) type of weather most of the year

The first pair has significant wear on the sole, lacing and otherwise they are still good.

Got a newer green pair in pretty much daily use in addition to the black ones.

Arete

This and related threads got me wanting some of these shoes. Alas, I have 8.5/9 EE feet.

Went with a pair of the Danner Mountain 600 and used leather dye to make them black. Working good for me.

Thresher8-8

Amateur
I had these about 2 yrs ago. I have had problems with Salomons and leaking water (multiple pairs). Their exchange program is excellent but I have found Lowa's to be superior to them. Same weight, better protection and more reliable.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
I had these about 2 yrs ago. I have had problems with Salomons and leaking water (multiple pairs). Their exchange program is excellent but I have found Lowa's to be superior to them. Same weight, better protection and more reliable.

I had similar problems with Salomons; my only experience with Lowas was one pair I bought in Germany that had busted stitching within a week.

Garmont T8s are super light, super breathable, NOT waterproof, and definitely require break-in...but man, are they comfy afterwards.

- Jake

Pollock

Used my for a 40 miler under 50lbs in Yosemite and they held up to that beating. I used them for daily/range use then used them in Zion. The laces snapped on the final mile of Subway at Zion (all uphill/switchbacks). If you aren't using them for backcountry they are terrific but I've moved to Oboz since I can lace up with 550 if they take a shit.

JCSpringer

Anyone have a discount code for them? I just wore out my first pair. amazon is out of 12 reg. I got my first pair off of govx.