Safariland QLS

Ed7

I'm considering using the QLS system on my duty holster. I have the need to enter secure areas often and this seems to be a safer alternative to removing my weapon out of the holster and placing it into a gun box loose and live.

My question is if the QLS is good to go? Is it robust enough to remain attached with rolling around on it or someone yanking on it? Will it withstand several attachments and detachment daily?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I have used QLS on my duty holster for a number of years now without any problems. I initially added them for the same reason but got lazy and just remove the gun from the holster.

Having multiple guns and holsters to swap on a single belt is sure nice though.

Reactions: Ed7

Longeye

Established
The QLD and sister MLS systems were both designed by Safariland for specific LE and Mil applications. Both systems accommodate the sorts of activities common to those two professions.

Off the top of my head, the QLS has a designed breakaway threshold of 425 lbs.

The MLS, because of its use in parachute units and because of its MOLLE compatibility has a slightly lower breakaway threshold, but I don't have that number in front of me.

Suffice it to say, both are designed around rough duty and meet common standards for durability, service life, yield strength, and wear resistance.

There is a thread on Lightfighter that has the specific numbers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk