Safariland Holster Mods (RDS/X300U/ETC... rolling updates)

Has anyone tried changing the color of the cordura wrap on a 6354do? I have a lead on a used one but it comes in multicam and I need black.

Boy Scout

Has anyone tried changing the color of the cordura wrap on a 6354do? I have a lead on a used one but it comes in multicam and I need black.

I've RIT dyed plenty of gear, some has turned out okay, some has been great, others turned out cool for what it ended up being, color not mattering. I've not had good luck with cordura, in this case I'd say that krylon would probably be your best best. Strangely enough it comes out looking pretty good.

s0nspark

Ok, I have been monkeying with this off and on for a while and I guess I've reached my limits... :) FYI: I am modding a recent 6354DO for a G34 + X300 for a CZ P-07 + RM07 + X300U-B + DG Switch + Primary Machine Stealth Comp

I worked in enough clearance for the DG switch but my (recent mfg) holster has the following issues:

1. VERY tight fit - the X300 *seems* to catch on the edges of the internal material and a lot of force is needed to insert/remove the gun once past that
2. the ALS does not lock - maybe I do not have enough clearance?

I was under the impression that newer versions of this holster supported a rear sight in the standard position behind the RMR (closer to the shooter's eye) and that the X300U-B was supported. Am I wrong? At this point the P-07 is the only gun I care to support in this holster so I am not really worried about applying some extreme effort to mod it but I am at the limits of what I know to do...

Any help appreciated!

Joe _K

Established
Ok, I have been monkeying with this off and on for a while and I guess I've reached my limits... :) FYI: I am modding a recent 6354DO for a G34 + X300 for a CZ P-07 + RM07 + X300U-B + DG Switch + Primary Machine Stealth Comp

I worked in enough clearance for the DG switch but my (recent mfg) holster has the following issues:

1. VERY tight fit - the X300 *seems* to catch on the edges of the internal material and a lot of force is needed to insert/remove the gun once past that

I was under the impression that newer versions of this holster supported a rear sight in the standard position behind the RMR (closer to the shooter's eye) and that the X300U-B was supported. Am I wrong? At this point the P-07 is the only gun I care to support in this holster so I am not really worried about applying some extreme effort to mod it but I am at the limits of what I know to do...

Any help appreciated!
Try chalking the gun up and seeing where it is hanging up.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Fatboy

Established

Any help appreciated!

Things to check if it isn't locking- 1. Where is the ALS lever hitting on the ejection port (while you are figuring that out, is the ejection port on the P07 the same shape as a Glock?)
2. Is the length with the comp the same as a G34?
3. Are you sure your holster is "new "stock and not old stock? if it's old you might have to do some trimming on the ALS bar as well as the sight bump out. See the photos above for those areas to clearance
4. The B model U boat shouldn't be an issue. I think it is actually an RCH slimmer that the original Uboats due it being a singe screw instead of dual levers.
5. Did you looses the tension nut on the back of the holster? If not, loosen it until the gun drops in freely, then adjust until you like the level of tension on the gun.

If all of that fails to solve your issues, I recommend drinking heavily and using a heat gun. As an instructor at a school once told me, "there is nothing that ignorance and brute force can't fix". :cool:

Arete

I have modded several dozen 6360 holsters to fit the Streamlight Contour switch and the Surefire DG. I use a dremel with a large sanding wheel. Results have been good. Go slow, check often.

s0nspark

Thanks for the tips! I already found that I did not work in quite enough clearance for the DG switch so that is one area to work on and I suspect I have old stock and will need to trim the ALS bar a bit.

Arete

I have modded several dozen 6360 holsters to fit the Streamlight Contour switch and the Surefire DG. I use a dremel with a large sanding wheel. Results have been good. Go slow, check often.

Clarification - I remove material in the area that the Contour and DG switches occupy in the holster, not the ALS mechanism.

I've not yet done any mods to accommodate a RDS.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Just bought a 6354 DO from HolsterOps. My G19 with X300U and RMR in front of the rear sight does not lock. I figured by now that they'd all be the newer models. Is there any way to verify before I start hacking?
For what it's worth, it look's like the RMR housing is hitting the holster under the hood. If I push on the grip, the slid comes out of battery a little bit (it IS a 19, though). I suppose something else entirely is going on, or I have to take off a bit of holster body in order to get clearance for the optic and the slide can go deeper into the holster. Does that sound right?

Fatboy

Established
That sounds about right. Also check the height of the locking bar. The gun might actually be in the correct spot and just not locking in due to the ALS bar not fitting.

Cody m

Just received my 6354DO and my Unity tactical slide won't even fit thru the locking lug on the holster. Has anyone else ran into this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cody m

Anyone have issues with a gun having forward serrations and the serrations chewing up the lock bar on the 6354do? My Agency Arms 17 eats it up with tlr1 or x300 onboard. I've worn through 2 to the point retention os compromised. Looking for a solution so I'm not stuck with a SLS holster to going to another brand like Off The Grid. Thanks
Did you ever get an answer? Mine does the same thing, but with a Unity slide

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TXLEO

I just put electrical tape on the right side. Ghetto but it works. No one from Agency or Aaron Cowan has seen the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txsapper

Amateur
I reached out to Safariland via Holsterops asking about holsters for the ATOM slide.

Tom wrote me back and told me this - The 6354DO would require significant modification to work with that set Atom slide. I run a similar top in on one of My glock 17's and the mods to the holster are pretty heavy. The 6384RDS is the replacement for the old 6354DO and should work without any mods. It is available in BLK, FDE, ODG

Hope this helps.

Boy Scout

A new issue for me, albeit not as one as cool as the RMR slide issues:

Has anyone modded a Safariland holster to fit a G17 with a TLR-2? I modded an old duty holster into what is now basically the 6377 (ALS only, no hood, high belt mount) and it is an extremely comfortable holster, but I have a TLR-2 now and want the same thing for it. I guess I've mutilated that one enough that I could go to town on it with a dremel and put a kydex cowling on it but I'd rather not at this time.

What kind of holsters are out there for duty work (besides the 6280, which I currently use) for that combo?

What I've found:

Safariland 6280 & variants
G-Code SOC
Blackhawk EPOCH

SoTex

Amateur
Anybody mod a 6354DO for a X400U or TLR2? I hear rumors but I can't find anything to confirm. Seems like it would compromise the holster too much.

Txsapper

Amateur
Update on the RMR slide and the 6854RDS sight -

I’ve been dealing with the ATOM slide and the Safariland 6384RDS for a few days. In my conversations with Unity and Safariland, they won’t interface properly and the ALS lock will either require a modification or you will need a shorter rear sight. The ATOM rear sight height is .421 and the ALS lock is designed to accommodate sights up to .400 tall.

Hope this helps

Mick1331

Anyone have any experience running Dawson Precision's Glock MOS sights for the Delta Point Pro? Specifically running them in a Safariland 6365RDS holster. I went to install them and realized they were way too tall. I'm wondering if the old heat gun and some file work will make it fit or if this is a lost cause for duty carry? Or does anyone have an option for a co-witness iron front sight that works for the DPP on an MOS gun and the 6365?

Ewok Steve

Any Glock 19x Roland’ized users?

I have a 19x with KKM BBL/Comp, X300U and a Safariland 6354. No optic as of yet.

The pistol fits and locks into the holster just fine. Hit the ALS to draw the pistol and it hangs up on the comp about half way out. Only way to draw it is to hold down the ALS and remove the pistol. So it’s a two handed affair at this point. Looks like the ALS locking block is falling into the bevel between the front of the slide and the comp since the bevel is larger than other gens of Glocks.

Anyone else run into this issue yet? Haven’t spent much time looking into a fix yet due to work schedule. Looking for a solution. Hit me up.