Safariland Holster Mods (RDS/X300U/ETC... rolling updates)

As of right now, they now have a variety of holsters available in their holster finder for the G17. Nothing showing yet for the G19. And nothing showing for the G17 with RDS and a WML in conjunction. All models are on a drop leg panel and cost $227 and up.

Mach0311

As of right now, they now have a variety of holsters available in their holster finder for the G17. Nothing showing yet for the G19. And nothing showing for the G17 with RDS and a WML in conjunction. All models are on a drop leg panel and cost $227 and up.
Of course why would they do it any other way :(

22Mike

Just got this from Safariland today after I asked about having to change a 6354DO to fit RMR in front of rear sight.

Hello Michael,

The 6354DO remains unchanged as Zev, Rogers, etc slides still work in them and we continue to sell these to the military market. There is a new model, the 6354RDS, that will accommodate that weapon/light combination with dot in front of rear sights. Would not recommend attempting to alter the locking mechanism on the DO variety.

12/5

Longeye

Established
I didn't know anybody used a dropleg rig any more. Did Safariland not get the memo back in 2010?

It seems selling the holster bareback might be a better way to go. I throw all the QLS or belt loop or paddle things on the 7TS holsters I get from Holster Ops.... So I can install the 6072 UBL that I also buy from Holster Ops.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fatboy

Established
I don't have a photo of it currently, but later today I can take apart my holster to get a pic. You might also have to trim part of the holster body itself depending on tolerances.

Fatboy

Established
This is the part of the holster marked in white you might need to trim

IMAG1072.jpg this is the locking bar that needs about 1/8th" removed.

IMAG1073.jpg second view of the locking bar

IMAG1074.jpg holster reassembled with white marking the trimmed off area.

Attachments

• IMAG1071.jpg
    IMAG1071.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167

Fatboy

Established
IMAG1071.jpg

This picture was left off of the last post. This is the holster shell with the area that may or may not need to be trimmed marked in white. Roughly 1/8th" of min needed t be trimmed, basically the same as the locking bar.

Rabbit

Don't know if this counts as a real modification, but necessity is the mother of invention and i whipped this up. I absolutely hate drop leg holsters. I started running the 2.5" drop UBL with a QLS clip for my SWAT rig. On both a nylon duty belt and an Ares Ranger enhanced belt occasionally the holster would torque up on the draw and I couldn't get the gun out. Unacceptable. Went back to a drop for a short while, then took a strap off my drop and sandwiched it between the QLS clip and the UBL. There are some teeth on the QLS around an unused screw hole that holds the strap secure from sliding. Run on the Ares belt, there's enough play in the slots to allow me to stay the bottom to my leg and still be able to bend at the waist. I finally have the perfect SWAT rig for use with heavy armor.

Attachments

• 20170926_155655.jpg
    20170926_155655.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112

Txsapper

Amateur
Going to be running the RMR on a Balor mount. Does anyone know if this combo will with the new Safariland holsters? I found a post on another forum where it will supposedly work with the DO holster. Just looking for a little more security for a duty holster.

TheBronze

Why doesn't Safariland just make a damned 6354RDS/ALS type holster that doesn't have to be modified for pistols with the RDS IN FRONT of the damned sights, like most people have?? Is that too much to ask?

Fatboy

Established
Why doesn't Safariland just make a damned 6354RDS/ALS type holster that doesn't have to be modified for pistols with the RDS IN FRONT of the damned sights, like most people have?? Is that too much to ask?

Supposedly Safariland modified the holsters to work with both sights in front and rear. I think that was sometime in 2016/ early 2017. I think it was @Riafdnal who mentioned it previously as having a "new stock" one.

Safariland also has all the red dot duty holsters out too. I would love to see some reviews on them, especially the open top models and whether or not things like the thumbguards still work with them.

TheBronze

Supposedly Safariland modified the holsters to work with both sights in front and rear. I think that was sometime in 2016/ early 2017. I think it was @Riafdnal who mentioned it previously as having a "new stock" one.

Safariland also has all the red dot duty holsters out too. I would love to see some reviews on them, especially the open top models and whether or not things like the thumbguards still work with them.

Well that's at least SOME good news!