Safariland Holster Mods (RDS/X300U/ETC... rolling updates)

Solis107

Would it be possible to run a sls hood on the 6354do?Looks pretty easy but i could be wrong. Or maybe cut out the top of a 7360 holster?

Fatboy

Established
Would it be possible to run a sls hood on the 6354do?Looks pretty easy but i could be wrong. Or maybe cut out the top of a 7360 holster?

You would not be able to cut off the 7360 holster to clearance for the red dot. The area you need to cut is the area that holds the ALS bar in place with a screw. (I don't believe there is anything else holding the ALS bar in place on the new models. 63XX and 73XX models.) If you have an older ALS/SLS model, (i think the serial prefix is 62XX like the SLS only holsters) you might be able to cut the top due to the way the ALS bar locks into the holster body. But as far as I know, those older ALS/ SLS models were discontinued.

Slapping an SLS hood on a 6354DO looks doable, but the problem you will run into is that the two upper most mount holes on the ALS lever side of the holster are spaced wrong and are actually for the holster shank. If you can get the SLS hood to fit, you still have the issue of not being able to mount a holster shank with out modifying the holster body. If that is the route you are looking to go, I would wait another month or two for the duty style 6354DO series to hit the market. That time frame is the projected time frame that Safariland's customer service gave me about 2 weeks ago.

Having said all of that, if you do give it a go with either choice, post up so we can see the results.

@Arty_mech I was just going to ask the same question. I didn't have to make modifications (yet) to fit my Deltapoint Pro with sights, but when I draw my 19 with the TBRCi micro comp, the micro comp gets caught on the ALS. Any suggestions?
Here are a couple solutions-
Solution 1- Buy a KKM. Kidding, sort of.

Solution 2- I took a Dremel sanding attachment to the rear top corners of the TBRC micro comp. It exposed the raw material but it solved the snagging issue. It will not be the best looking thing on the 'Gram, but it works. Somebody else may weigh in on if my decision has jeopardized the integrity of the comp, but anecdotally at around 4,000 rounds it has not shit the bed yet. I can get you some photos a little later today. Hope this helps.

IMG_9601.JPG IMG_9602.JPG
Just dab it with some rattle can when it starts to sheen through. This might get bumped to another thread since this is more pistol oriented. This cleaned the snag in the DO right up.

Solis107

Thanks for the insight Fatboy. Ill most likely try to add the hood on the 6354do. I think theres a chance it would work with some mods to the hood and placement on the holster. Would be a fun project for sure. I only seen left handed hoods for sale on ebay lately. Just seen the DO back in stock on holsterops website so hopefully i will have both in a few weeks to try out the mod.

I spoke with Safariland few days and they said the new RDS holsters should be available end of summer which means November/December. I do plan on buying the new RDS model when available but I need a level 3 soon. Thanks again guys!

Wake27

The height of the locking bar and the height of the lower lip on the holster. The old models were designed to have the red dot at the back of the gun, with irons in front. (Think Unity Tactical style). That meant the locking bars were taller since the red dot sat back further. And by higher, I think mine was about 1/8" taller.

The newer ones should be set for a red dot in either the ATEI position or the Unity Tactical position.

Basically, if the red dot is mounted in the usual location, it wouldn't lock into the old holsters unless they were shaved down some. They should have no issues with locking into the new holsters.

So newer 6354DOs should work with more models of RDS Glocks? I'm finalizing a DP Pro on an ATOM Slide and at this point would rather make that holster work then wait several more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake27

So newer 6354DOs should work with more models of RDS Glocks? I'm finalizing a DP Pro on an ATOM Slide and at this point would rather make that holster work then wait several more months.

ETA - just spent 20 minutes on the phone with holsterops which was awesome, they were super helpful. He did say though that currently aren't any plans to release the RDS in anything but black which is different than something I read from Shot. 99% of their demand is from LE so he said they'd be out in basketweave before FDE.

Fatboy

Established

Not sure about the fit for the deltapoint. That might require a few minutes with a heat gun just to massage the optic bump a bit further out on the holster. As far as I know the ALS mechanism on the 6354 was redesigned so that it fits all common sight placements for the irons. The only guessing point is if you will get new stock or oldstock if you buy.

Wake27

Not sure about the fit for the deltapoint. That might require a few minutes with a heat gun just to massage the optic bump a bit further out on the holster. As far as I know the ALS mechanism on the 6354 was redesigned so that it fits all common sight placements for the irons. The only guessing point is if you will get new stock or oldstock if you buy.

Thanks, holsterops just got new stock in the other day apparently, so we'll see.

Thanks, holsterops just got new stock in the other day apparently, so we'll see.

Yeah I ordered one from them and just got it in today. It is stamped 2017 and WOULD NOT lock my Roland in place. My Roland has the rear sight behind the RMR with a KKM comp and Surefire X300U. After performing the mod listed on the first page to the ALS it was able to lock it but it is definitely NOT a secure fit. Gun rattles back and forth while moving. Sucks as now I'm stuck with a $100.00 holster that doesn't fit. Guess I'll wait for the new ones releasing from Safariland.

Wake27

Yeah I ordered one from them and just got it in today. It is stamped 2017 and WOULD NOT lock my Roland in place. My Roland has the rear sight behind the RMR with a KKM comp and Surefire X300U. After performing the mod listed on the first page to the ALS it was able to lock it but it is definitely NOT a secure fit. Gun rattles back and forth while moving. Sucks as now I'm stuck with a $100.00 holster that doesn't fit. Guess I'll wait for the new ones releasing from Safariland.

Is this your first Safariland? In my experience they all rattle somewhat.

Nope I have several. One for duty, two for my g17's, and two more for a couple of other guns I have. I know the rattle you are speaking about the gun is secure but moved slightly up and down. This is different, something is definitely not fitting right with this holster. Even from the get go my RMR was contacting the holster and pushing the gun out of battery. After dremeling that portion down it allowed the modified ALS to lock but the gun rocks back and forth vertically. It's not secure at all and definitely not for duty use.

According to the Safariland RDS holster project manager, the Glock RDS/light holster was launched today and mine should be shipping on Mon/Tues; I hope to have it in a week or so. The M&P model is on schedule to launch at the end of May, and the SIG 320 holster is scheduled for the end of July.

According to the Safariland RDS holster project manager, the Glock RDS/light holster was launched today and mine should be shipping on Mon/Tues; I hope to have it in a week or so. The M&P model is on schedule to launch at the end of May, and the SIG 320 holster is scheduled for the end of July.

So I would have to order direct from Safariland? Is it the same configuration? The 6354DO for the G34/35 with Surefire x300U?

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog

Where/Who did you contact to order this?

Wake27

Also interested, my 6354 showed up today and looks like it'll need more modification than most because the DP Pro is so large. When did you order? HolsterOps said the backorders on those are huge.

GarandThumb

Just received my 6354 for Glock 34 with light and optic from holsterops. Roland Special locks in perfectly.

UFUlvck.jpg

CTRZ0YG.jpg