Safariland 7395RDS

Ryan F

Amateur
I originally posted about this holster on my IG account and was told to share here. Hopefully someone finds some value in it. Keep in mind I have 2-3 days of dry fire and 1 live fire range trip with this holster. I say that because this is not a full review and the durability of this holster is still unknown. Previous 7000 series holsters have suffered from structural damage from use. I don't want anyone to read this and assume I've tested it thoroughly. Yet.

I ordered this holster from Cop Quest on April 13th and it was delivered on June 2nd.

The full model number is 7395RDS-68325-411 and is for a Glock 34 5.32” barrel Gen1-5 with TLR-1HL or Surefire X300U/V and DPP, Dr Optic, RMR, JPoint, Viper, or Fastfire. A light must be used with this holster. I have only tried a Surefire X300u/b, but will try a Streamlight TLR soon.

Safariland UBLs (low, mid, and high) and QLS attachments work with this holster. I currently have a RDR Gear Straight Drop Plate (SDP) and QLS attached to this experiment holster. This holster also includes a optic protective hood, but is different from the hood on the 6000 series. The hood on the 6000 series was more of a attachment that could be easily be removed and the function of the holster remained un disturbed. The protective hood on the 7000 series is truly a part of the holster and while it can be removed, exposes the ALS mechanism.

I have tried several pistols in this holster
-Glock 19/17/34 with milled RMR and Surefire X300u/b fit fine and ALS mechanism engages.
-Glock 23/22/35 with milled RMR and Surefire X300u/b fit fine and ALS mechanism engages.
-Glock 17 with RCS Baylor/RMR and Surefire X300u/b will fit in holster, but does not engage ALS mechanism and protective hood does not fully enclose.
-Glock 35 with Holosun 507c gen 1 and Sureire X300u/b will fit in holster but does not engage ALS mechanism and protective hood does not fully enclose.
-Glock 34 with Trijicon SRO milled slide and Surefire X300u/b will fit in holster but does not engage ALS mechanism. But the protective hood does properly close.

I have not modified this holster yet, but believe it can easily be modified, similar to a 6390/6395 RDS, to accept a Glock 34/35 with a SRO. I recently modified a 6390RDS to accept this pistol by sanding down the top of the ALS mechanism allowed the holster and gun optic combo to work correctly.

The next item I would look at before modification is the "plug". The "plug" on the 7000 series is different than the "plug" on the 6000 series. I currently do not have any extra 7000 series "plugs" to experiment with.

Attachments

• IMG_8624.jpg
    IMG_8624.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8625.jpg
    IMG_8625.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8633.jpg
    IMG_8633.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 52

dont_tread_on_me

Thanks for the info. I have an email into Safariland regarding the failure issues disclosed in the bulletin last year but haven’t heard back yet.

dont_tread_on_me

Finally heard back from Safariland - they stated the holster had been redesigned to prevent the issues disclosed in the service bulletin.