Rudukai13’s desecrated wheelgun projects - consolidated thread

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
8FCF82FE-F4F8-48F6-B2B4-94B563724890.jpeg

Got the Hoptic Longbow in and installed, it’s much more solid than having the three individual double-round quivers. Also got some pistol display stands in and I think I found the right combination for how to support these two builds:

E47C4B96-A1B9-4C9E-BC53-44EBFF6D113E.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Got a custom acrylic display case ordered up with the right dimensions, should be here in about a week. The two revolvers will take their rightful place on my work desk as the functional art they are!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
You bring your guns to work?

Home work desk. I work from home the vast majority of the time with occasional trips out to various events.

But if I ever do go back to work in an office you can bet I’ll be bringing my “non-firing real-steel sculptures” with me ;)

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
DCF6C386-7E1C-42B9-A6EA-28FFC791A2DB.jpeg

We have a display case! And god damn do I have a new appreciation for the practicality of clean rooms, trying to clean off the acrylic box in a house with four dogs in it was migraine-inducing. But the guns have taken their place on display on my desk, and I’m very pleased with how it turned out!

ECD5CEA2-1938-429D-BD57-9A7E02646714.jpeg

184D0D89-B962-4C34-8A9C-27FAB3E57AB1.jpeg

MOT

I’m thinking you need some custom steampunk studded leather holster for each. Probably some drop leg rig or chest rig for the schofield and either a shoulder holster or ankle holster for the knuckle gun.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Thoughts on holster leather have been happening. I’m currently trying to decide if I want separate holster belts for these two guns and the future pair of Thunderers, or if I want one setup for all four guns

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I think better visually, if anyone has suggestions feel free to post pics and I’ll take them into consideration!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Ah shit, made a discovery during my random early-morning googling that’s causing some recalibration here. Turns out there’s a company that makes brass grip frames in the Lightning hump-back style for Ruger New Model Blackhawks:

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/Lightning

With that, I can use 4” 45 Colt Blackhawks as the base for the next builds rather than the Cimarron Thunderers, which means I can use this scope rail without any modification necessary:

https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-No-Drill-Scope-Mount.html

That significantly simplifies the build from the perspective of the base guns and how to incorporate some Cyberpunk electronics into some SAO revolver old-school cool…

I think I’m going to take that route rather than the Cimarron Thunderers. The only trick is going to be finding two 4” 45 Colt Blackhawks in stock anywhere…Maybe even a pair of the Wiley Clapp Carryhawk version?

bfa8723e-6f26-4e64-99e1-55f95e9b5e9f-jpeg.833820

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
So…I think I’m gonna change it up a bit and do the next build on a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. I have a good idea of what I want to do and how it can be done. The dual-wielded Blackhawks will still happen, just a little later on. And I think I’ll be building them on Bisley frames rather than modifying them for Lightning grips