Rudukai13’s Consolidated Thread of Interesting/New P320 Aftermarket Components

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Perhaps a separate thread for good holster options for the platform might also be in order? I can throw something together and include the ones I have personal experience with, and others could add to it as well. Just trying to compile some good resources and references for people who are new to the platform or considering it and want to know what options are out there for personalizing it to their needs

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
8254AE4C-C90F-4BFF-9B51-4F995CD88044.jpeg

Strike Industries was displaying this (rather janky looking, in my opinion) braced chassis prototype for the P320. Unless some major revisions are made before it’s put into production, I think the Flux Defense MP17 chassis will still be the best solution for converting a P320 into a subgun-style platform

693633F2-A950-446C-AF0B-88F0C073E36A.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
829610B7-F841-41C4-A23C-65A911BB5256.jpeg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ecisions-aluminium-frames-for-sigs-p365-p320/

Icarus Precision seems to be nearing production-readiness with their aluminum P320 grip modules. Still based on the OEM Sig X-Carry grip module and lacking several features that I would’ve liked to see, but with an improved grip texture and some further tweaks to the overall ergonomics it’s still looking like it will be a solid piece to base a frame-mounted optic build on. I’ll be purchasing one when they’re available. I’m thinking one in gray Cerakote will go nicely with the black nitron slide and the rest of the black components I’ll be adding to the build...

4B646E19-08EE-47B3-869E-16399A7597B7.jpeg

EDCE12B6-B6AC-4B0D-8D7F-1EED106FEFA3.jpeg

86326F00-4B3C-48AA-B4FE-58EA307BF0C9.jpeg

Stanislao

Unity putting out the Atom 2.0 as a free license à la M-Lok is good news. Hopefully we finally have the industry standard RDS mount we've been hoping for.

I cannot be the only one pissed at SiG for not introducing factory adapter plates for the P320. At least the aftermarket is already building them.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Unity putting out the Atom 2.0 as a free license à la M-Lok is good news. Hopefully we finally have the industry standard RDS mount we've been hoping for.

I cannot be the only one pissed at SiG for not introducing factory adapter plates for the P320. At least the aftermarket is already building them.

Agreed, standardization among pistol optic mounts needs to happen one way or another. I think with the Romeo1Pro cut Sig was gambling that the footprint of the optics themselves would homogenize around the R1P/DeltaPoint Pro footprint as that’s what the military specified for the M17/18 optic cut (and historically speaking as goes the military so goes the industry at large), but with enclosed-emitter pistol optics both about to become more popular and there being no way to mount them with top-down screws, it seems the standardization is going to have to occur with the adapter plates.

I believe I read somewhere that Unity has already had a few manufacturers agree to adopt the Atom2.0 system for their slides, though which manufacturers those are have not yet been divulged to my knowledge. If a buyer is currently looking for the best bet on a future-proof pistol modular optic mounting system, my money would go to Unity and the Atom2.0

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Wilson Combat just released this video displaying their new grip modules;

Notice the difference in profile at the magwell area between the OEM grip module and Wilson Combat’s grip module - This does NOT appear to be just a stippled OEM Sig grip module, but rather WC’s own design. Unable to find other details online yet, but I’ll post more info as I find it

Last edited:

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
For those of you looking for a low-profile magwell for the X-Compact grip module, here’s a fairly affordable one made from stainless steel;

C26B8143-AC8F-4959-BBC1-53276939F0F5.jpeg

https://3dprintedgungear.com/produc...act-grip-module-with-stainless-steel-magwell/

This Grip X compact medium grip module features a 3D printed Stainless Steel Magwell. It has a small footprint & is designed for concealed carry. This magwell requires matching baseplates. Stock P320 15 round baseplates will not fit. Note this magwell is compatible with Gray Guns hard duty & Springer Precision base plates! Attention!! this magwell is permanently attached using epoxy. Note only the magwell has finish options.

Reached out to the manufacturer to clarify the installation;

The magwell needs epoxy, I usually add a screw as well. You can send in your module if you want me to install it.

They will use epoxy and a screw through the backstrap to solidly and permanently attach the magwell to your X-Compact module, similar to Springer Precision’s magwells for the standard grip modules. That bodes well for their durability

Last edited:

Chriscanbreach

Established
I can’t recommend this more. For my hands it’s a massive improvement over the stock module and is grippy as hell. I put 400 through it yesterday and will do another thousand for a class tomorrow so we’ll see how it fairs. 0EBB10D7-B503-49A7-94D8-5F21815296D8.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I can’t recommend this more. For my hands it’s a massive improvement over the stock module and is grippy as hell. I put 400 through it yesterday and will do another thousand for a class tomorrow so we’ll see how it fairs. View attachment 6043

Very nice! How does the magwell flare feel? Do you have a X-Carry module to compare the beavertail area to?

On a grip module note - If Agency is working on parts and builds specifically utilizing the X-Compact grip module, I haven’t seen any evidence of it yet. All the packages they’ve teased on social media feature either the X-Five or X-Carry grips

WAVandal

Very nice! How does the magwell flare feel? Do you have a X-Carry module to compare the beavertail area to?

On a grip module note - If Agency is working on parts and builds specifically utilizing the X-Compact grip module, I haven’t seen any evidence of it yet. All the packages they’ve teased on social media feature either the X-Five or X-Carry grips

From their Instagram, they have slides coming for the X-Compact size.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
From their Instagram, they have slides coming for the X-Compact size.

That’s certainly possible as the X-Compact variants have been popular enough to warrant support from aftermarket manufacturers, though as a word of caution I’d take anything from their IG feed with a grain of salt. For example this pistol;

While being an extremely visually pleasing and overall appealing package, it’s incorrectly identified as a X-Compact variant by their own caption, when it is in fact a X-Carry. Me thinks whoever does their social media isn’t yet quite up to speed on the nomenclature of the platform...

Chriscanbreach

Established
The flare is more noticeable than the side but serves the same function as the Agency one I have on my 19. It really helps lock the grip in and while the actual mag well is only slightly bigger than stock the rounding of the heal is welcome. Beaver tail is cut higher and is not as wide which are both improvements in my opinion.

Stanislao

The modularity of this platform is costing me an absurd amount of money....

Looking forward to X-compact frames with a flared magazine well. Will probably put in a lighter aftermarket trigger as well.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The modularity of this platform is costing me an absurd amount of money....

Looking forward to X-compact frames with a flared magazine well. Will probably put in a lighter aftermarket trigger as well.

I assure you, once you start it’s very difficult to stop building all kinds of variants of this platform. It just begs to try this new part or that other configuration until before you know it your original plan for one modestly personalized pistol has cascaded into multiple fully-custom blasters, the only parts of which you haven’t tinkered with are the screws holding it all together. And I’m pretty sure someone’s planning some aftermarket screw kits as we speak...

Stanislao

80% lower FCUs are on the way or available now, yes? The pace of aftermarket support for the platform has been remarkable. We are at or near the point of being able to make a P320 with no SIG components.