RMR06 vs MRDS (with shroud)

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I have both right now, but which would work better as an offset RDS at 1 o'clock on an SPR?

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
The "features" on the insight MRDS make it a hugely attractive optic. The durability is simply not there. I have broken 6 or 7 MRDS when having them mounted on pistols. But it's not slide reciprocation thanks killing them, it's little things..... like stripping out the screws on the battery cover so that the sight cannot stay on because of intermittent battery contact, scratching on the front lens surface so bad that you can't look through the site anymore, smashing of the glass on the MRDS and crushing of the plastic housing from blunt force impact.

I ran an MRDS offset from an ACOG on one of my work rifles for a while, but even with the shroud protecting it, I never trusted that it wasn't going to fuck me like all the other MRDS that I had killed. I replaced it with a micro T as soon as I could.

I would take an 4X32 ACOG and an offset micro T over any 1-4x Variable on the market.

Adam

Vendor
RM06.. No question. They are built like tanks and are light. Pretty much the gold standard in the industry for a mini red dot.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
They were not always...... I can't tell you how many old RMRs that I've seen die. I still don't 100% trust any of them, but I roll the dice for the increased performance.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I've been tempted to give the the ACOG w/ Offset T1 a shot. With the addition of a Macedon Defense Riser for the ACOG. It really does make the 4x ACOG infinitely more useable when you stack on body armour and a helmet to trying to acquire a sight picture.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
RMR installed, unfortunately there was no time to zero before the SPR course I am at right now. Turned off all the lights in my motel room, opened the curtains, sandbagged my rifle an sighted in the RMR to my main optic point of aim.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Funny, thats how I have gotten hasty bore sights on two different scopes in my apartment. Shut off lights, open door, lay as far back in my apartment as I can and use the duplex window's that are 91-ish yards from my balcony to eyeball and get my POA and barrel pointing remotely in the same direction.

Somehow I don't think our neighbour's would be to amused to see me laying on my balcony pointing a bolt rifle at them...

tact

T1 in an ACOG? So the using the Bindon Aiming Concept doesn't work for you guys?.....or is this more aligned with competition?