Rings Blue Guns

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I’m not sure if this is the right space but I looked around and it really doesn’t seem to fit anywhere. Does anyone have a recommendation for buying a Rings Blue gun? Amazon has some sketchy looking suppliers and Optics Planet says 7-9 week delivery and I know they are a drop shipper. Looking for the M4 Commando Flat Top Rail Forend Stock Extended.

shoobe01

Established
I don't think they make the stock extended. I have, otherwise, what you are looking for and — brace yourself — it was molded from a DPMS :) I got mine from eBay as I am a huge cheapskate.

They have a distributor list: http://www.blueguns.com/shopcontent.asp?type=distributors

Police supply places are a pretty common one, and usually IME stock a handful of whatever handguns, flashlights and maybe some other stuff is common in the area in red or blue rubber. I suspect almost any of them would be willing to order what you want, so call up the local cop supply place — especially if on that list — and ask them about it.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Thanks I meant to look if they have a distributor list. They make the exact one I want and LOL yeah the ones at work were DPMS too. I was just hoping someone would say there was a great deal to had from a P&S affiliate. I’m going to call optics planet to verify that long delivery period as they had the best price at $168

shoobe01

Established
Ah. Very good. And that is a pretty good price. Man do some charge a lot for these things!

A few nice things I have ordered from Optics Planet have generally arrived rather sooner than promised. I think the long-timeframe dropship things are to assure it gets there in that timeframe. Not sure they will be able to give a better estimate though.

Also: sad to find they DO have an extended stock one now that I have the slightly-stupid collapsed stock one. Didn't see that so didn't pine for it. More knowlege: bad!

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I finally decided to build some wooden demonstrators similar to the Blue Force Gear Demo guns you see at BFG vendors. I’ve got a 1928 Thompson with a drum and an AKM my dad made for me probably 30 plus years ago. My kids still play with them. I’ve done FAL’s, Thompson’s, BAR’s, SCARs, HK21, and a M249 with Belt for my kids and they haven’t broken any yet. I will post a pic when done. I can build it for around $20 so it’s worth a try.

Seth Thompson

An agency training venue I part-time at has a dozen Ring's M-4's with actual metal buffer tubes and sliding stocks attached. I'm not sure if they're a catalog item, or someone's workshop creation. They appear to be stoutly constructed, as no one's broken any yet.

They are marked "DPMS", though... it makes me feel dirty every time I pick one up.