Rifle Vetting/Testing

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
@Longinvs Hows the Saint doing 8 months later?
Just sold it to fund an LMT. I quit that project when PWS launched their pro line. That’s the obvious choice to me at that price. I got to about 900 rounds on the Saint, 860 I think was the exact final count. It’s a 2 MOA gun overall. I had a couple cherry picked groups that slid in under 1 but over the 5 or 6 300m matches I shot with it I did the math and the aggregate was still 2, including variation in my own performance and almost regardless of ammo. I had 2 failures to fire in that round count, both on the XM193 load from Federal. Other than that the gun ran well. Castle nut wasn’t staked, gas key staking was acceptable, buffer was a true H buffer, gas block was pinned. Just based on my sample size of one I don’t think that gun was phoned in, but like I said, PWS has a gun at a competing price point and they’re a company that I have seen well validated and I like their product and their company culture better.
I want to reiterate though I really meant this thread to apply to ANY rifle. I was using the Saint to show where my thought started, but I was looking across brands. Obviously there are brands like FN and BCM that have thousands of rifles in circulation in all sorts of environments and duties that have be confirmed as duty grade performers, but I wanted some way, or to hear some thoughts, on what validated rifles that aren’t coming out of facilities that have massive production capabilities. ADM for example. I have seen a fair number of their rifles, I know they have some LE contracts, but how do their rifles really stack up? I’ve never shot one, don’t personally know anyone that has used one extensively, but if I had 1800 bucks laying around they’d probably be one of the first guns I’d get if I was willing to commit to an unknown quantity. So how would I figure out if, at the least, my rifle was something dependable. I think I initially presented the thread wrong so the derailment is on me, but this is where I was hoping it would go.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Well, I'm glad to hear that you're moving up to bigger & better things.

I think I initially presented the thread wrong so the derailment is on me, but this is where I was hoping it would go.
I don't think you presented it wrong, I think that it's a lot of fun to hate on the Saint, and that's where people's brains shut off. I guess you could have kept what rifle it was to yourself, but that shouldn't have mattered.