RFI on Primary Arms 1-8X Scope with ACSS 5.56 / 5.45 / .308 Reticle

jBravo3

I don't have any experience with that particular scope, but I've had a Strike Eagle, which was a very similar reticle. I personally found the reticle really distracting. All our eyes are different of course. I use my rifles for the same purposes you mentioned, plus hunting. My issued work/patrol rifle just has a red dot on it. I'll admit that, being a poor cop with a pack of hungry kids at home, all the magnified optics I've ever purchased, from patrol rifle to coyote rifle to deer rifle, have been in that price range, so I've never owned a Razor HD, Khales, NF, etc (although I have been able to shoot with a few and handle some, so I know what I'm missing). I have owned a Strike Eagle 1-6, a Viper 1-4, and have had a Steiner P4Xi for just a few weeks. It's only 1/2 the magnification you mentioned, but I cannot recommend that thing enough at that price point. I've really liked it because of the clarity (relative to the budget), the brightness, and the simplicity of a single dot instead of a seemingly full window of glowing/blooming red. Just trying to be helpful with a suggestion/opinion while you're shopping and looking. Reference the Steiner, Matt posted a link on the forum under DSG Arms, which is what steered me that direction.

Chaucer

Amateur
With my eyes getting older I need a LPVO for my rifle. I am eying this one and would like to hear from anyone who has knowledge of it.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...s-5-56-5-45-308-reticle-pa1-8x24sfp-acss-5-56

If there is something better in this price range please give me a suggestion. My uses are home security, training and occasional LGR match.

Thanks, FF
I had a 7.62/300BLK version of the same make and model on a POF x39 build. Loved it. ACSS is excellent and easy to use IMO. Probably my favorite reticle from my experience. Never had issues with the glass, didn't run it very hard but it held up perfectly for similar uses as you stated. Will be looking to purchase another for a future .223 wylde build.

I would suggest looking at some of the extended throw lever options out there. I wish they had a lever similar to the Bushnell models, but the one I found made manipulation without leaving the eye box so much easier. It was a big improvement to the overall use for me, since the adjustment ring is pretty stiff out of the box and isnt very aggressively knurled.

--Chaucer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bad22inc

I'll keep it short. I have that scope and it can't be beat for the price. I have the same old eye problem. Love the ACSS reticle. Have a slight astigmatism and the etched reticle along with the diopter adjustment works perfectly for me. Also ended up buying the 6 X 14 FFP for my 308.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk