Removal of finger grooves on g19?

JPitts0117

im debating on removing the finger grooves on my g19, but I've never fired a glock without them. My fingers don't quite line up with the grooves but it's not dramatically far off either, is it worth it or should I just leave it alone? I'll also be under cutting ether trigger guard and stippling my grip if I get it done, so I'm also open to suggestions for someone who does these services at a fair price but does good work. Thanks in advance

Bangout

Amateur
I was worried before I worked on my glock. I had no experience with the no finger grooves, stimpling and undercut. After doing it myself, I loved it and will do the same to the glock 19 I just bought. I will however probably send this one of just to make it look nicer. For what its worth, I haven't ever thought I wish my finger grooves were on here.

jwood1284

The finger grooves have never bothered me on a G19, but I do notice my middle finger doesn't quite line up. This is due to the trigger guard, if it was undercut a bit I think I wouldn't notice the grooves at all. I'd like to try a slimmed up Glock grip before committing to have work done on mine.

WUtah

Everyone's hands are different, so it's always going to be each their own. Having said that, getting rid of the finger groves and undercutting the trigger guard made a big difference for me. When I draw, I can really slide my hand and fingers all the way up with the grip because I don't have to line up the grooves and the undercut allows me to get a higher purchase on the grip which makes me feel like I'm getting better recoil management. Another awesome mod for the GEN3 is scalloping out the mag release. I'm able to use a stock release and depress it all the way consistently.

SCSU74

It's one of the first things I do, none of the Glocks I owned had finger grooves. I also undercut the trigger. Make a big difference, at least for me. I typically add a GFA as well. With my big hands the grooves weren't even close to lining up, I say give it a try.

Rabbit

I remove them on all my personal glocks. my pd issue still has them because I can't make permanent mods. I can't tell you it's better, only that it's better for me. Try to find one that's been done and shoot it side by side.

My fingers seem to sit almost on top of the peaks instead of in the valleys. I can still shoot great, but if it's my own gun, I'm getting rid of them. I also prefer the undercut trigger guard.

Can't recommend anyone as I've done all mine myself.