Remington Defense rifles released to consumers

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/03/11/remington-defense-rifles-released-to-consumers/

BY ROB CURTIS ON 03/11/2015PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
IMG_1042.jpg

Remington ArmsCompany today announced the release of certain Remington Defense products to thecivilian consumer market.

Remington’s Defense Division is comprised of a highly-specialized team of former U.S. Special Operations personnel whose mission is to design and build the best firearm-based weapon systems in the world, and to sell those weapon systems to the U.S. Military, law enforcement agencies in the United States, and allied nations around the world.

The Division has its own dedicated team of research and development engineers as well as its own dedicated unit of manufacturing personnel who do not perform any work at Remington except for work in support of the Defense Division. This means the firearms manufactured by the Division embody the utmost level of quality as well as the most advanced technology available today. Never before have firearms manufactured by the remington Defense Division been sold on the consumer market.

Initial offerings from Remington Defense available to consumers include the R4GP (Remington Gas Piston) Carbine, the R4 Carbine, the PSR/MSR (Modular Sniper Rifles)and the M2010 (US ARMY replacement for the M24 Sniper Rifle). Pricing was not available.

The release also makes no mention of the RemDef version of the Bushmaster ACR or the Honey Badger.

See link for detailed list
http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/03/11/remington-defense-rifles-released-to-consumers/

adam_s

Dear LORD they want stupid amounts of money for those things. The PSR/MSR had better come with someone to shoot it for me, another person to load it, and another just to shine my shoes and call me boss for as much as they are charging...

tylerw02

Why not go AI AT for 20k less? Still get qd barrels and a longer track record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember back in 2012 when I was researching sniper rifles for our SWAT team, as part of a new weapon procurement through a bonding bill that was being passed. We were replacing shot-out M700 SPS and 700P rifles. I called Remington Defense and talked to them about their rifles, and the MSR at that time was valued to me at around an estimated $12k, with the probability that it was going to go much higher. I replied "so basically you have priced it completely out of the LE market?" His reply was sort of to the point where he knew it and expected that response.

The 700P USR was also sort of a bust because he told me that they didn't have spare magazines they could supply or sell.

I often ask myself why Remington even bothers selling this stuff commercially.