Remington 700cp

7six2x51

I was thinking about picking one of these up in .308 for a suppressed SBR project. Anyone have experience with one?

RICKDAWGGG

Industry Nobody
Staff member
It's a traditional 700 action, so it's still subject to all of the (possible) QC issues that have plagued Remington for the last several years. On the bright side, it's a 700 action so there is a lot of available equipment options and working knowledge out there. I haven't shot or tested one myself yet, so I'm curious as well.

pointblank4445

Established
At that point why not just pick up a 16" Tikka Tac A1?. No SBR stamp and it's ready to roll out of the box (no stock hardware to add). It's a WAAAY better gun that any stock Remy. A little bit better ballistics for 308 at only a 4" length penalty.

RICKDAWGGG

Industry Nobody
Staff member
Well the question would be what is the intended use, of course. If you just want a shorty 700 because it's cool, hey no problem. But if looking for more compact performance, yes the Tikkas are out of the box head and shoulders above the current Remington products (also out of the box, not custom 700 pattern guns).