Regional Training Needs

Matt

Staff member
Network Support I
Since Maryland is a very non-permissive environment when it comes to rifles of the type we like to shoot, I plan to look for handgun training while I'm here for the next few years.

Any recommendations for either pistol or carbine training in the central Florida area? I'm looking to suck less with my pistol and rifle.

Anything with solid instructors in the Upstate of SC.... the big names seem to skip all around us and the locals dont give me the fuzzy wuzzys when I research.

I could be missing someone or something, but that's my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Always looking for good trainers to come though Northern VA. Carbine classes would be awesome. We seem to get decent handgun but this was Pat's backyard and since his passing not a ton has come through. Yeti I think was here in the spring but I missed him. Costa is coming in the fall.

Wake27

Always looking for good trainers to come though Northern VA. Carbine classes would be awesome. We seem to get decent handgun but this was Pat's backyard and since his passing not a ton has come through. Yeti I think was here in the spring but I missed him. Costa is coming in the fall.
Fully agree, but there are some lesser known companies in the area. Green Ops, FPF Training, and Justified Defensive Concepts. Dan Brokos is also in S Va which isn’t a terrible drive. Northern Red is doing a CQB course in Alexandria in August as well. I have a feeling I’m not really qualified for it, but I’ve been emailing them to see if I can get in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully agree, but there are some lesser known companies in the area. Green Ops, FPF Training, and Justified Defensive Concepts. Dan Brokos is also in S Va which isn’t a terrible drive. Northern Red is doing a CQB course in Alexandria in August as well. I have a feeling I’m not really qualified for it, but I’ve been emailing them to see if I can get in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not affiliated with any of the below.

Origin Shooting also offers courses near NOVA. They are NOVA based and use a range near Winchester. They are a couple of Justified Defensive Concepts instructors that went off to form Origin. They offer rifle training. I am signed up for Practical Pistol in the near future.

F3 Tactical is offers NOVA training for firearms. Never trained with them. They offer rifle and pistol.

Kelly McCann is in Fredericksburg and does pistol and hand to hand training through Kembativz Brand and Renegade Combat Sports Club. I have not taken firearm instruction with Kelly, I regularly attend his drop in Combatives class and want to take his Sudden Violence 2 day class, as it comes highly recommended.

Craig Douglass of Shivworks Runs ECQC every April in Doswel VA. That is an hour from NOVA. I took ECQC about a month ago.

William Aprill, of Aprill Risk Consulting works with several NOVA based training groups to provide his UNTHINKABLE, which is a 10 hr dive into the minds of criminal predators, and some minor force on force and disengaging from unknown contacts. I am signed up for UNTHINKABLE in the near future.

We definitely have quaility training available in NOVA. There are a few I missed...

Regards,
Barry

Not affiliated with any of the below.

Origin Shooting also offers courses near NOVA. They are NOVA based and use a range near Winchester. They are a couple of Justified Defensive Concepts instructors that went off to form Origin. They offer rifle training. I am signed up for Practical Pistol in the near future.

F3 Tactical is offers NOVA training for firearms. Never trained with them. They offer rifle and pistol.

Kelly McCann is in Fredericksburg and does pistol and hand to hand training through Kembativz Brand and Renegade Combat Sports Club. I have not taken firearm instruction with Kelly, I regularly attend his drop in Combatives class and want to take his Sudden Violence 2 day class, as it comes highly recommended.

Craig Douglass of Shivworks Runs ECQC every April in Doswel VA. That is an hour from NOVA. I took ECQC about a month ago.

William Aprill, of Aprill Risk Consulting works with several NOVA based training groups to provide his UNTHINKABLE, which is a 10 hr dive into the minds of criminal predators, and some minor force on force and disengaging from unknown contacts. I am signed up for UNTHINKABLE in the near future.

We definitely have quaility training available in NOVA. There are a few I missed...

Regards,
Barry
I am familiar with most of this. I was referring to non-local trainers.

I would very much like to see more tactically focused carbine training, preferably at an intermediate or advanced level. I have been looking around but it seems like most of the carbine training in NOVA are intro or level 1 classes. The closest facility I can find that offers this regularly appears to be the range complex in Fayetteville.