REED Contracting Company

So. got a good shot at going back to Afghanistan as entry level static security (Armed). A buddy over there is hooking me up, although he doesn't work for REED. Does anyone on here have any experience with them. Ill be up front the only two benefits of this move are that i finally get some overseas experience as a contractor, and its tax free so even though the pay sucks compared to what i make in the states i should still be bringing more money home and my finances should remain stable. Thanks in advance for any comments. Contract is for 1 year and from what i have read on indeed its been mostly negative reviews. I somewhat expect this though because i imagine most of the people going are first timers like me with somewhat unrealistic expectations.

So. got a good shot at going back to Afghanistan as entry level static security (Armed). A buddy over there is hooking me up, although he doesn't work for REED. Does anyone on here have any experience with them. Ill be up front the only two benefits of this move are that i finally get some overseas experience as a contractor, and its tax free so even though the pay sucks compared to what i make in the states i should still be bringing more money home and my finances should remain stable. Thanks in advance for any comments. Contract is for 1 year and from what i have read on indeed its been mostly negative reviews. I somewhat expect this though because i imagine most of the people going are first timers like me with somewhat unrealistic expectations.

Tax free is a bit of a stretch, but there are some workarounds to decrease your tax liability. You will also be paying a tax to host country and that (most likely) will not be covered by your company. That is typically a dollar to dollar deduction for you federal income tax.

Is the “experience” you will receive as a watch stander or guard supervisor going to out weigh your freedoms and current financial standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know. Will it open any doors for me? Or is this going to be a job i get done with and then get told "your experience" translates to you were guarding an ECP in a relatively safe environment so your gonna be stuck in entry level work for the next five years.

Slick762

I worked with a team from Reed in 2011. Obviously, the information is dated but I wouldn't recommend them if you have job offers with a comparable salary on the table. The guys I worked with were good, basic sergeant of the guard stuff, but the conditions they worked under were pretty bad. Non functioning weapons, issues with local hires, etc.

Kain

OP how much more percentage wise are you lookong at making? Is there any promise of more contracts after one year?

I ask since part of my job is dealing with DOL shit and numbers ect. Last numbers that got tossed my way was if you are unemployed it is an average of 16 weeks to find a job. So a 1/3 of s year, roughly. If you aren't clearing 30% or more with this job and or have a promise of future work as soon as you get back I'd say no just there since if things don't go right after it may end up worse then working way up at current job, or looking for a better job CONUS. If you are only getting 5-10% more, fuck that noise and bail. Shit you general security guards for my state are doing $15+ with benefits. Though I think you need to be a resident for the state.