Red dot options for gods guns?

What's the preferred red dot mounting system currently? I saw Nighthawk has a new modular plate system coming online. Is that gonna be the new industry standard or is that gonna be just a nighthawk thing? I recall hearing in the 1911 podcasts chambers customs has something in the works, any info on that yet? Is the trijicon mounting plate going to become obsolete with these new options coming out?

What needs to be accounted for when mounting a rds to a 1911. I read somewhere that it's harder to do on a series 80 gun vs a series 70? Is that just an internet myth or is there truth to that?

Trying to have all my ducks in a row before I drop a significant amount of money a quality 1911.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bill Assande

Amateur
From listening to Joe Chambers and reading Steve's posts on both I would definitely say these will be the new standard at least in the aftermarket realm. I recently tried to get an RMR mounted on my FNS by Continuous Precision through my local gun shop. After waiting 2 months they came back and said they had tried multiple prototype slides but could not make it work. Since I've got the RMR just sitting now I'm got to reach out to Joe and see what it will cost to have him put his system on my Dan Wesson Commander instead.