RDS on a G35 is a waste

tylerw02

Have any minds changed since the OP? I know Scott runs a G34 with a dot. I know of a few others. For me it seems the best use of a full size Glock frame is 34 slide for irons and a 17 slide with RDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Have any minds changed since the OP? I know Scott runs a G34 with a dot. I know of a few others. For me it seems the best use of a full size Glock frame is 34 slide for irons and a 17 slide with RDS.

I have my 34 and 17 set up as you described, however the 34 is definitely flatter shooting. I will eventually get an RDS equipped 34 for just that reason. I don't see it as a waste.

Rick

tylerw02

Same ammo, spring, etc?

What are the differences in split times?

This thread seems a little dead, and I know I'm late to the game. I think if you take only mechanical factors into consideration, the original poster is probably correct. However, when you take other advantages to the long slides and other shooter specific variables, I don't see the wisdom in having an absolute statement such as the statement by the original poster. I know this is nearly 6 years running now, however I can't agree, given my specific circumstances. I carry a 34 with the RMR for duty, and a 19 with an RMR for off-duty. The consistency of looking for a dot matters to me, as well as the possibility of follow-up shots, and I do better with the dot then without. It could be psychosomatic, however if you shoot better with one than the other, especially with my very anecdotal vision issue, I think you should use whatever sights are best for you as a shooter. In addition, especially for duty use, the overall greater situational awareness the RDS provides flies in the face of the original poster's statement. Or at least who or whomever that statement was coming from.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
This thread seems a little dead, and I know I'm late to the game. I think if you take only mechanical factors into consideration, the original poster is probably correct. However, when you take other advantages to the long slides and other shooter specific variables, I don't see the wisdom in having an absolute statement such as the statement by the original poster. I know this is nearly 6 years running now, however I can't agree, given my specific circumstances. I carry a 34 with the RMR for duty, and a 19 with an RMR for off-duty. The consistency of looking for a dot matters to me, as well as the possibility of follow-up shots, and I do better with the dot then without. It could be psychosomatic, however if you shoot better with one than the other, especially with my very anecdotal vision issue, I think you should use whatever sights are best for you as a shooter. In addition, especially for duty use, the overall greater situational awareness the RDS provides flies in the face of the original poster's statement. Or at least who or whomever that statement was coming from.

If I went back to carrying Glocks on duty a 34 or 45 with RDS would be my choice.