RCS VG3

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
http://bluelinesheepdog.blogspot.com/2015/12/raven-concealment-vanguard-3.html

Raven Concealment Vanguard 3

Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 3 – VG3

The Holy Grail of holsters for the last several years has been the rumored light compatible VG holster from Raven Concealment systems. I was lucky in that I received one this year and have been able to wear it for a while.

https://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-3-light-compatible-holster/

What is the VG3? It’s a VG2 style holster that is attached and secured by a tube that friction locks over the X-300 Ultra. The tube continues back over the trigger guard on your pistol. Due to the retention being on the U-boat, you can use it with most fighting handguns. I personally have tried it on various 9/40 framed Glocks (19 and 17) as well as a full size M&P. The model I have is a molded piece of Kydex and I expect the production version will be Injection Molded like the VG2 is.

Here are my thoughts on the VG3.

Comfort: This is comfortable, as the single strut allows the holster to move as you move. When I sit, the gun cants sideways with the grip going towards a resting position on my leg. I have also ran some with this clipped into my shorts. While clipped into my shorts with a standard 1.5” Eidolon style clip there was a bit of wobble, but would make do in an emergency.

Concealability: The holster can move with you and with it having the Light as the long point connected to the fulcrum, not the muzzle, this can cause printing issues. Tightening your belt down and limiting the ability of the grip to rotate will help with concealment but will not help with comfort.

Retention: Initially this was very tight, but upon a bit of dry practice it cleaned up and the kydex loosened up. I have only had the gun come out of the holster when I want it to, and that required a stiff belt to maintain it being secure when worn with pants.

Versatility: This will lock onto a MOLLE style loop, if one is near by on a mag pouch. I had the Extreme Gear Labs 3 mag VOCR made with the “Levi” mod to the GP pouch. This allowed me to use both a VG3 or VG2 hooked into the loops using either a Eidolon clip or belt loop.

Baller Status: There is something pure out “baller” nice about being able to clip a WML equipped gun into my shorts to take the trash out, water the garden, etc. Makes life very easy.

I know that as of right now the VG3 is available via quick ship on the RCS website, and expect that RCS Dealers will have it in stock shortly.

Austere Provisions
F3 Tactical
OP Tactical

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Just seen Jimmy from F3 Tactical post that the production model can be loosened on retention to work with the ALG 6 second mount and U boat FYI.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Just got mine in the mail today. Its pretty tight with the x300u-b vs the regular uboat (but still works great). After some dry fire practice it is loosening up with the b, and still works perfect with the A

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Wore the vg3 apendix thru Sentinel CHE last weekend and it worked out great thru a ton of drawing and reholstering over 3 days. That's in addition to about 10 dryfire strokes everyday for the last couple weeks. Used both the a and b model x300u.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

martin_j001

Can anyone with a VG3 tell me if this will work with a Glock 17 and X300? Also, does anyone use this regular IWB carry at 3-4 o'clock?

martin_j001

Can't edit my post above...sorry, that should be X300U (B specifically). And it appears as though it should work with the G17 from what I'm seeing, at least on some pages (would be happy to have it confirmed first hand though). I'd still be curious to know if anyone has experience carrying it IWB and not just AIWB.

jryock

Amateur
Can anyone with a VG3 tell me if this will work with a Glock 17 and X300? Also, does anyone use this regular IWB carry at 3-4 o'clock?
The VG3 will work with a G17 and X300U. The holster fits the light and not a specific firearm; so it will work with a wide range of firearms. The RCS website has a list of firearms that are confirmed to work with the holster.