RATS tourniquet case studies or actual use reviews

HD9

Are there any studies or real world application report/ reviews out there from other than the manufacturer on the RATS tq?
No, not really. It is basically the "My pillow" of the tourniquet world.

But hey, I'm just a dumb security guard

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JUDAN

Real vetting, not promos or magazine covers.

What do you call this?

I spoke with a good buddy of mine over at Funker530.com about the RATS tourniquet before writing this. He told me that a few years ago he was wounded pretty bad in combat and attempted to put 3 CAT tourniquets on himself before cranking the windless off of every single one of them from an adrenaline rush. He told me that he wishes that there were some RATS tourniquets around for him to use.

With that being said, I’m not bashing RAT, SOFTT, or SWATT tourniquets. My buddy from Funker also told me that they used several RAT tourniquets to save his friend’s life who was wounded in the same fight. There are different applications for all of them and they are all useful at stopping people from dying. From talking with the inventor of RATS, doing research on them, and personally applying them to myself and my family the past few days, I know that they will work to stop severe hemorrhaging.

JUDAN

Please tell me more because I would love to reach out to Funker personally along with RE factor on P&S's behalf....

Can't wait to show Jeff this thread also!

JUDAN

Been so busy have not had time to reach out but I will and will post my findings on here.

Also do you know of Badge Cams or Readyman?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
If people representing RATS contact me telling me you are making things worse, that is a clue. Unless your findings are some form of certified testing that we don't have access to, don't.

You are approaching the part where we demand medical training creds.

Those two other topics get their own threads.