IMG_2377.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: 22F

Whiskey

Amateur
Let me preface this with "Im just a dude on the internet." I cant stand HSGI tacos on the front of a rig. I've watched one too many guys leave a snail trail of mags behind them when low crawling. However, if that isn't super likely for you, feel free to disregard. You bought quality kit for sure.

shoobe01

Established
I do mostly Ten Speeds, and do less low-crawling when in my rig, but not zero, and plenty of running, and jumping and falling and so on. Never lost a mag while moving. I do dump plenty when donning and doffing and otherwise, so have bungees I finagled up myself (through the PALS webbing on the back) and it's worked great. So I tend to suggest tuckable flaps or bungees for ANY rig so your mags are there once you put the rig on.

I tend to go ahead and leave them bungeed down unless I know it's (likely to be) gunfight time then mostly jus undo the primary reloads, not the secondary set.

pointblank4445

Established
I do mostly Ten Speeds, and do less low-crawling when in my rig, but not zero, and plenty of running, and jumping and falling and so on.

Same, and if/when I switch platforms thats not an AR15, remove mags and it's the same as going slick.
I have lost a few pistol mags off the belt from Taco-style though...skulking around in the woods. None yet from BFG 10-speed.

Not sure what the purpose is, but never a fan of shit under my arms/above the critical stuff on my belt. Ultimately dropped one of my AR mag shingles for the multitool and spare hand-held light.

What's the story on the large pouch on your left-front?

The ring on that blade looks like a snag-hazard due to the placement.

Nomad1

Let me preface this with "Im just a dude on the internet." I cant stand HSGI tacos on the front of a rig. I've watched one too many guys leave a snail trail of mags behind them when low crawling. However, if that isn't super likely for you, feel free to disregard. You bought quality kit for sure.
Haven't had to low crawl in this kit yet, mission doesn't really necessitate it, mainly working on ranges and doing field training exercises, but I can see mags falling out if I had to, retention bungees would be a good way to minimize that.
Same, and if/when I switch platforms thats not an AR15, remove mags and it's the same as going slick.
I have lost a few pistol mags off the belt from Taco-style though...skulking around in the woods. None yet from BFG 10-speed.

Not sure what the purpose is, but never a fan of shit under my arms/above the critical stuff on my belt. Ultimately dropped one of my AR mag shingles for the multitool and spare hand-held light.

What's the story on the large pouch on your left-front?

The ring on that blade looks like a snag-hazard due to the placement.
Multi-tool is molle mounted since i have two. one stays on this kit, one is loose so it can be belt mounted or attached to a non-armored load-out.
Still deciding if I need a hand-held light attached to this kit, mission doesn't really necessitate it, I run a surefire helmet light on my lid, and have a headlamp for when we are in soft caps.
Front left pouch is issued, used for lickies and chewies, random storage (550 cord, tape, etc).
Blade was just placed (new black Friday addition) need to get out there with the kit and make sure that position works, or move it to somewhere else.

shoobe01

Established
I think you are gonna get poked by that PTT, and esp when plugged in the cable running out the left side is gonna get tugged and pulled loose. The alligator clips are good, but not foolproof. I'd try to run it vertical to keep bends and loops out of the cables. Add some onewrap, etc to keep the PTT and cables where you want them, so it doesn't come loose and not be where you expect and you take 7 minutes to key up, or wear a hole in your body :)

Camb453

In my view the rating of this depends on what the use is. For me, I keep my plate carrier completely slick. nothing at all on it, especially the front. this is because my use is to be able to wear it under a jacket if I need or want, throw a recce harness over the top if needed more gear, and to mainly keep the front slick and the kit light for things like climbing over walls or under stuff. I don't get hung up on anything. I have the ability to but mags or what not in my cummerbun since there are elastic slots(i run the Ferro Slickster). So I ran a mag in the cummer during the Tactical Games due to need for another mag in a battle. So really, your rating depends on what you are wanting to use it for. it appears yours is more of an "assault rig". Which I don't use personally. Your rating will be determined by that; your use. and then go and run it hard in different situations you want. climbing, running, jumping, low crawling, etc. And see what you like and don't like. Just my two or three cents.

22F

Staff member
To really rate your loadout, we’d need more context for your usage.
Environment, mission, role… etc, etc.