Rainier Arms GTG?

I’ve mainly run Colt, FN and BCM over the years. Whether they’re being used occupationally or personally, all 3 of those have proven to be good to go in my experience. However I stumbled upon Rainier Arms line of rifles/uppers/lowers and started giving them a look. Sound like FN barrels, and the price is fair. Anyone on here have any time with one of their rifles/uppers? Good? Bad? Ugly?

jnelson

CBRN Guy
I just picked up an 18” upper from them and it is on par with my Sionics, BCM and Colt uppers. My only issue with it is the stainless steel set screws on the parkerized gas block, but that is purely cosmetic.

patriot_man

Their receivers are machined by ZEV (formerly MEGA) and their barrels are from FN. Haven't used them myself but I have a friend who has a 5.56 Rainier gun that seems pretty well machined and built.

pointblank4445

Established
The "Mountain" barrels are FN...just to be clear on that. I've got one on a former duty/training gun. I just passed the 10k round mark on it this past year; it's been a very good barrel. Very much what one would expect from an FN tube.

I've also been interested in the Rainier Mountain series. Rainier's site states that they are made from mil spec heavy machine gun barrel steel with heavy m249 chrome lining. They also offer a midweight or standard profile. Their site say they are on sale for $149.00 which would be an awesome deal but they seem to be out of stock on most sizes.