Radio Connected Hearing Pro

I work a side job doing security at concerts and football games. As I get older I can tell the lack of quality hearing protection is taking a toll.

I am looking for a low profile hearing protection that I can run with my radio. One venue uses Motorola XPR 7580's and the other uses XPR 3550's.

I have looked at the Silynx Clarus Pro and I think it would work but does anyone have any other suggestions for pass through hearing pro that won't break the bank?

I would try plugging the radio into the Sonic Defenders. I'm not a fan of the ear plug design inserts since they make it a lot harder to hear what's going on around me, but for your situation it would probably be the best option.

jnelson

CBRN Guy
Since you need active hearing protection, I would recommend the Invisio X5 with their V10 or V20 Control Unit. Let me know if you need a POC for them, a couple of my buddies work there.

JamesH

Amateur
I’m currently waiting for a pair of Silynx Clarus Pro which I will be plugging into a headset for our radios - I will let you know how it turns out if you want to wait out before buying

JamesH

Amateur
Background:
My weekend 'hobby' is working at nightclubs and pubs, because I like to stay sharp and it means I have to stay in shape. It's not a warzone here anymore but someone wants to take a shot every now and then. I have used surefire EP4s for the last 6ish years but I notice that there is a massive loss of situational awareness which has contributed to a couple of unnecessary altercations. I was looking for active hearing pro without having to go hungry for several months.

The Solution:
I received the Silynx Clarus Pro set as well as an updated connector for the radio (Not by silynx, choose a brand that works for you)
It works quite well but does have a tendency to cut out in certain louder areas at which point it just becomes normal hearing pro - which is no different to what I currently use.
I love the fact I don't lose all situational awareness when working plus they are comfortable for the long shifts. 8 hours is the longest I have worn them continuously and they are pretty much the same comfort at wearing surefire EP4s.
Cable management becomes a PITA but that's only until you figure out how to best work it for you.

Longer term use will tell me if this is the best solution however in the meantime it's working pretty damn well.

I will attach photos as soon as I can to show set up.

JamesH

Amateur
The headset has PPT/MIC in one and then splits to a 3.5mm connector for the headset. Works better that I anticipated as is manages to send radio calls to both ears not just the one - your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• 0417ECFC-088F-4ADE-B3E4-904EF6B30D55.jpeg
    0417ECFC-088F-4ADE-B3E4-904EF6B30D55.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 29

jnelson

CBRN Guy
Your SA cutting out is due to the high noise in the area you are in when it cuts out. It is just something that you are going to have to deal with, since you cannot adjust the sensitivity manually.

JamesH

Amateur
Your SA cutting out is due to the high noise in the area you are in when it cuts out. It is just something that you are going to have to deal with, since you cannot adjust the sensitivity manually.
I should clarify: I have no problem with this, I acknowledged it was going to happen and was not surprised - it’s still better than normal what I’ve used in the past.

NealTaber

Hi, you need active hearing protection, I would recommend the Invisio X5 with their V10 or V20 Control Unit. Let me know if you need a POC for them, a couple of my buddies work there.