Radian vs KAC

Dpvaz56

Interested to hear people's thoughts on the Radian Model 1 vs a Knight's SR15. Would eventually like to get a 14.5" mid/intermediate set up as a hard use rifle. Are they even comparable?

Default.mp3

Established
The Radians have a baller, true ambi lower; the upper, while nicely built, lacks the technical advancements that the SR-15 has, such as the E3 BCG system and the Mod 2 gas system. The specs of the upper also suggest that it's more oriented toward precision, given the quality stainless steel barrel compared to the SR-15's CHF'd chrome-lined barrel. The SR-15 has most ambi controls, but lacks the full ambi of the Radian (no right side bolt lock).

An SR-15 upper on a Radian lower would be money, IMO, particularly now that Radian has started selling stripped lowers again (I was lucky enough to snag the AX556s when they were still AXTS and didn't do full on rifles, still waiting on the AX762 though).

Paul053

Amateur
I'm in the same boat. Was gonna drop cash on a sr15 but absolutely love my Axts ax556. Was gonna then get just the kac upper but still kinda had a gripe about all proprietary parts and tools. I think I'm going to try and build a kac like upper with a black river tactical optimum barrel that has a longer gas system than midlegth similar to kac, and a lmt enhanced bolt. Finally part out the upper receiver and rail how I see fit. Reports of this barrel with a a5 a5h2 buffer is that it shoots comparable to Kac. Yes I realize that a kac sr15 upper has demonstrated by multiple sources to go 20k to even 30k with almost to no cleaning. Chances of me ever putting that much ammo down on a single upper is unlikely.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk