Question about the Aimpoint M5S and the Twist Mount Magnifier

LigerNoir

Amateur
P/S,

I'm looking to replace my Comp M4S with either the M5 or M5S (or any other AAA powered optic). I am currently unable to remove the magnifier with the M4S due to the placement of the battery and was wondering if the M5S has the same problems.

Thank You

P/S,

I'm looking to replace my Comp M4S with either the M5 or M5S (or any other AAA powered optic). I am currently unable to remove the magnifier with the M4S due to the placement of the battery and was wondering if the M5S has the same problems.

Thank You
Pictures of this issue would be great.

I do have an M5, which I love better than any AP micro I’ve ran. I have yet to ad a magnifier since I’m waiting on new eotech sin 3x and 5x, which are supposed to be smaller.

LigerNoir

Amateur
This is my preferred eye relief. As you can see, there is a lot of optic off the receiver and I cannot remove the magnifier. I would like to know if I would still have this problem with a M5S.

Attachments

• 20201119_195914.jpg
    20201119_195914.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23

shoobe01

Established
Maybe dumb question: Why not switch the magnifier to a flip mount (or lever removable, etc) to get rid of the problem of the item that exceeds it's footprint sometimes?

LigerNoir

Amateur
The magnifier is on AP's twist/flip mount. I like how easy it is to remove the magnifier over other methods. I also recently purchased a PVS-14 and a mount to the twist mount. So it's pulling double duty.

I've run the Comp M4 with the front of the optic at the front of the receiver with the magnifier pushed further back (and no rear iron) on my M4A1 with the guard; which I do not like the eye relief or added weight of the combined magnifier and red dot, but the addition of the magnifier is an awesome add-on. I can knock off 6 oz in the optic alone going from M4S to M5S and I can throw the M4S on a future purchase.