Question about Hybrid Tactics

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
What the shit is this?

Attachments

• C09EC360-5C17-4AD7-AA54-628795BB95F5.jpeg
    C09EC360-5C17-4AD7-AA54-628795BB95F5.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 35

oda175

A lot of flowery language and “vague” descriptions lead me to question the validity of a lot of it. And the “gaming” session? WTF? Let someone else be the test dummy for that.

Find a reputable instructor or facility that has good reviews- spend your hard earned cash better.

tbone2

Haha! Wow, I didn't see that. Pretty much seals it for me. My department was willing to foot the bill as a local academy is hosting. But I'm not even going to ask. Rather spend the money on somewhere with a more established reputation.

On a side note has anyone ever attended a Glock Instructor Workshop? Any thoughts? Again this would be paid for by my department.

I'm just beginning the journey of seeking out training beyond what is offered by the local academy "continuing education" courses. And will likely be paying for my own courses because those not offered at the academy are not POST certified.

Thanks for all of the help.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

tbone2

I'm an instructor for my department of a little more than 50 officers so I'm just trying to attend trainings in order to pick up good ideas and drills which I can implement in our training. Our firearms program has been neglected for YEARS so I am at the "crawl" of "crawl, walk, run" with our program.

I only want to pass on good information to my officers so quality instruction is important to me. Which makes me want to take a pass on the above company. They might be fantastic instructors but that whole gaming thing makes me doubt....

Long answer short, nothing specific but just good quality. If that makes sense...

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Chriscanbreach

Established
If you’re at the crawl phase as you put it, please avoid any false bravado high speed training.
In my opinion your best bet would be to reach out to two or three of the largest agencies / academies in your state and arrange a shadow for one of their recruit classes or at least some in service training.
With the neglect you say your program has had it sounds like refining the fundamentals may be a good place to start.
Feel free to message me and I’ll share what ever may help over department email.
Just getting new drills won’t necessarily help.

Chriscanbreach

Established
I’m sorry. I meant for you to shadow them as an adjunct instructor. Not a student. Although being a student never hurt anyone.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I would highly recommend you start with a level 1 class. Even though your an instructor now, start at the beginning. There will be things for you to learn. You can use them to not only tighten yourself up (gotta shoot those impressive demos right?) and it will also help you as an instructor so you can help the shooters on your line. I pay as much attention to teach methodology and fixes to other students as I do to my own performance in class.

oda175

https://www.therangecomplex.com

We are not too far up the road, got quite a few State and FED LE instructors with a depth of knowledge that Id stack up against any facility. As far as Military depth- I doubt youll find that much experience at any other facility.