QD optics setup for Ruger 10/22?

jryock

Amateur
I just bought my first Ruger 10/22 takedown. Any suggestions on a quick disconnect scope setup?

I picked up a few items from LaRue for mine. I picked up their 10/22 rail:
http://www.laruetactical.com/1022-picatinny-rail-lt178

This thing beats the crap out of that thing Ruger calls a rail. I also picked a QD mount for a 1x6 with ilumanated red dot. For right now the scope is just a cheap one to see if I would like the set up. After several months of taking it out to the range and hunting some squirrels and a few rabbits I can say it's not a perfect setup but it does work good.

My only true complaint is with the rail section and the QD mount it sits a little high of the barrel more than I like but I can live with it.

So next time I see a good deal on a Vortex HD 1x6 I'm scooping it up.

This is a pic right after I got all the stuff on it.
Ruger_TD-4.jpg

There are a few more things I want to do to it to cut the weight down. Going to cut the barrel down and flute it, work on a new carbon fiber stock do some milling on the QD mount to shed a few ounces as it is way over built for a gun like this. I want to see how light I can get this thing and still shoot pretty good.

jryock

Amateur
Thanks guys. That picatinny rail looks good. I'm thinking of picking one up and see if ADM makes qd rings. I would like it to be a little lower.

I want to be ready for when my SiCo Spectre 2 clears ATF In about a month.